Nice afternoon for a Walk (er)!

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
GOt out for a couple of hours. New site, an 1860's home. Expected Indians & Barber's but ground was powder dry. I was very happy to find this nice 43-s Walker as the first & best signal of the day. Very faint. She was standing on edge @ 8". I was going to give up on the hole when I saw the edge of teh old girl in the bottom. Found a 54 Jeff about a foot away & a Ten #@)($*#@)(* Chinese somethinf about 6" from that. Found a couple of cents & an other Jeff (84) in the back yard. HIt the old car under a big tree on the way back to the truck. I'll hit this place again after we get some rain.
Spotz
May have to post twice for pix. File too big.

Attachments

• 10-18-05 # 1.jpg
    10-18-05 # 1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal. Any half dollar coin makes my day. After you have looked over the place well make sure you do another search using the EEPROM deep silver program. It really will get you deeper.

Good luck and get out there and find the rest ;)

Bob

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Very nice finds!
I think I saw a similar car posted sometime before.
If you want to clean up the nice Walker, use the techniques of Comanchero, Matejko, or my combination of the two (cleaning forum). It is safe and the only side-effect is really shiny silver at the worst... I kinda like it the way it is!

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
That's heartless putting those two items in the same post!!! I love the coin, who wouldn't but THAT CAR!!!!!!!
That is SUPER-BAD!!! I used to have a few of those in different models if it is about 6 to 8 inches long and 1 1/2 to 2 wide.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Awesome find! Walkers are great to find! I've only dug one up, but sure would like to see some more of them!

Congrats!

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I like them both & it is my first Walker, but the car is probably worth a lot more than the Walker. Dosen't matter because they both go in my keeper display case. It sure made my day to find them. The site should produce some even better things after a little rain.
Spotz

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool car!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT