Nice Bank Find

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by my local Wells Fargo to see if they had any CWRs and got $110 of quarters which ended up yielding...nothing. But they know I like $2 bills so the teller said the drive-up teller had some $2 bills that were in order. Come to find out someone had brought in an uncut sheet of 4 that I happily bought from them. DSC08209.JPG

They were folded but I don't care. They are still nice to add to my pile of new and sequential numbered bills.

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a bill expert, but that would probably bring some cash, being 1976 star notes that were part of an uncut sheet. If no one here can value it for you, post it in the paper currency sub forum.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Cool find...

alligator69

Aug 31, 2012
boristhespider88 said:
I'm not a bill expert, but that would probably bring some cash, being 1976 star notes that were part of an uncut sheet. If no one here can value it for you, post it in the paper currency sub forum.

Agreed with ^. On top of that they have a low serial number.

OP
OP
K

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, I never really looked at the serial numbers. I'll post tomorrow in the paper currency sub forum and see what they say there. Thanks!!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a tiny bit of querying the internet and read that if it was an I or J in great condition they would be worth $100-$200 a piece, but from what I read online those were rarer, so I don't know. There are a few major posters on the paper currency forum, so they will probably be able to give you an accurate price.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Low-ish serial number, uncut sheet, 1976 series and star notes, looks like a winner to me!

OP
OP
K

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reposted in the currency forum to see what kind of answers I get. It's now safely locked in my save along with all my other coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread