JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the historic town Hornitos in central California they have a yearly antique flea market. At this market there is just tons of antiques to look at. Many people know what they have but often there are those that just want to get rid of this or have no idea what they have. I mostly go to look at things as I don't know enough about thing but over time gained knowledge on a few things so now I take shot at things. I was drawn to a few bottle at a stand as I have learned a bit about them over the years. Saw one tucked in the back. Seam sat low and glass was thick and imperfect. Also noticed it was a old soda bottle often sought after as they aren't so easy to come across in that period of time. So I said heck I'll ask a price on it can't hurt. He says 5 bucks didn't ask twice scooped that sucker up. I think I did good.

Attachments

• 20231001_174027.jpg
    20231001_174027.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • 20231001_174112.jpg
    20231001_174112.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • 20231001_174122.jpg
    20231001_174122.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • 20231001_174140.jpg
    20231001_174140.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 20231001_174155.jpg
    20231001_174155.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
Upvote 19

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know about value, but I think it’s a cool bottle. I’m with you, wouldn’t have hesitated at that price.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know about value, but I think it’s a cool bottle. I’m with you, wouldn’t have hesitated at that price.
To me it was a win no matter what at 5 bucks. Around here bottle with embossing and that age you can't get them that low. Being a older Soda also can't find them that price.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the historic town Hornitos in central California they have a yearly antique flea market. At this market there is just tons of antiques to look at. Many people know what they have but often there are those that just want to get rid of this or have no idea what they have. I mostly go to look at things as I don't know enough about thing but over time gained knowledge on a few things so now I take shot at things. I was drawn to a few bottle at a stand as I have learned a bit about them over the years. Saw one tucked in the back. Seam sat low and glass was thick and imperfect. Also noticed it was a old soda bottle often sought after as they aren't so easy to come across in that period of time. So I said heck I'll ask a price on it can't hurt. He says 5 bucks didn't ask twice scooped that sucker up. I think I did good.
Very nice John
Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice John
Thanks for sharing
You're most welcome Bill. I enjoy seeing others finds so I try to share when I manage to acquire treasures though a rarity for me lately.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes! Nice find and price.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the historic town Hornitos in central California they have a yearly antique flea market. At this market there is just tons of antiques to look at. Many people know what they have but often there are those that just want to get rid of this or have no idea what they have. I mostly go to look at things as I don't know enough about thing but over time gained knowledge on a few things so now I take shot at things. I was drawn to a few bottle at a stand as I have learned a bit about them over the years. Saw one tucked in the back. Seam sat low and glass was thick and imperfect. Also noticed it was an old soda bottle often sought after as they aren't so easy to come across in that period of time. So I said heck I'll ask a price on it can't hurt. He says 5 bucks didn't ask twice scooped that sucker up. I think I did good.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I didn't know they had a flea market I will have to try and check out next years.

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
In the historic town Hornitos in central California they have a yearly antique flea market. At this market there is just tons of antiques to look at. Many people know what they have but often there are those that just want to get rid of this or have no idea what they have. I mostly go to look at things as I don't know enough about thing but over time gained knowledge on a few things so now I take shot at things. I was drawn to a few bottle at a stand as I have learned a bit about them over the years. Saw one tucked in the back. Seam sat low and glass was thick and imperfect. Also noticed it was an old soda bottle often sought after as they aren't so easy to come across in that period of time. So I said heck I'll ask a price on it can't hurt. He says 5 bucks didn't ask twice scooped that sucker up. I think I did good.
Beautiful bottle!! Good grab for sure.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking bottle. I'm sure it's worth the $5! Congrats on a cool find. Thanks for sharing with us.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice soda bottle. I'm sure that's not the original stopper though.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice soda bottle. I'm sure that's not the original stopper though.
I know the stopper isn't original. That I saw right away that part didn't matter lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread