DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out earlier this week and went to a spot that has been dug by many including myself for several years. And up until now there were plenty good targets. Well now that the targets slimmed down so has the diggers. On this trip I decided to dig every signal. Small iron chirps, real quiet inconsistent blips, everything. And it paid off good. Only 2 of my signals were good. And I ended up with only 5 pieces of trash. I really like the hinge from the folding ruler. Not for sure if its period. I would assume where it was found and at the depth that it was, but not sure. There are several gardners, some enfields(3 are 57 stamps), some 3 ringers, one sharps, 69 cal., colt pistol, and a couple cleaners. There are also several spencer casings, the ruler hinge, and some other odd and ends.

Attachments

• 1x1.jpg
    1x1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 622
  • 1x2.jpg
    1x2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 633
  • 1x3.jpg
    1x3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 644
Upvote 0

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds Love them 57 bullets!!!!

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike, I am going to get a chance in March to do a little Civil War digging. I was curious if you were hunting in all metal or disc? Looks like what ever you are doing is working fine.

Don
HH

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2, Garret Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt mike! That's a great day any day. I'll have to try digging every signal sometime :BangHead:... I noticed in your finds you have a flattened piece of lead with the #14 on it. I have found something similar. It has letters on it, not numbers... Any idea as to what it is or what it was used for??

Thanks and congrats on a great hunt! *Greg*

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heck yeah it was a nice day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread