tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think everything west across Utah to the Nevada California border and 3/4 of Arizona saw more snow then usual people are saying. Ranchers and Farmer out here in the central west of Nevada are pretty happy with the snow they're getting in the peaks around this area and some just keep saying climate change is something to be concerned about. I think it's gonna be a change maybe for the better.?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must be something special living in that country. It amuses me here in the lowcountry, all the places named Mount something or other, elevation 25 feet. Nice pics! Thanks.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think everything west across Utah to the Nevada California border and 3/4 of Arizona saw more snow then usual people are saying. Ranchers and Farmer out here in the central west of Nevada are pretty happy with the snow they're getting in the peaks around this area and some just keep saying climate change is something to be concerned about. I think it's gonna be a change maybe for the better.?
Well, as I understand it, climate change is long term and weather is short term. We've always had climate changes so we'll probably have one now. I can't speculate on the causes. It doesn't get as cold here as it did even 15 years ago. I should be outta here before anything serious happens, but with my luck the new ice age will start next year. I hope mammoths come back.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, some great photos! Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as I understand it, climate change is long term and weather is short term. We've always had climate changes so we'll probably have one now. I can't speculate on the causes. It doesn't get as cold here as it did even 15 years ago. I should be outta here before anything serious happens, but with my luck the new ice age will start next year. I hope mammoths come back.
Yeah it be cool if the woolly mammoth could return. I watched a show where these Chinese scientist are hunting for mammoth DNA in the frozen tundra of Siberia. They're actually hoping to resurrect the woolly mammoth. I'm in Rock Springs Wyo for the night. It's kinda an ice age this time of year in this town. Not real cold tonight though.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So thats what Heaven looks like

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Your pics bring out the beauty of snow. Here it looks like snowman poop. Well, OK, that's more of how I feel about it.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3-8a.jpg Here's the most recent 'beauty of snow' in a borrowed pic from here in town, haha! We're getting buried and avalanches at an historic level. At least one in the area every day. If you need to travel I-70 through the mountain corridor in Summit County any time soon, it'll be better to take an airplane and fly over it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw on the news someone captured an avalanche coming down on I-70. Look like it hit a couple of cars. I'm planning on going through there Monday, but maybe I'll take 285 to 50 as I'm heading to LaSal Utah and that way I'll go into the Paradox Valley, but that's also a snowy region of Colorado, but you do see an awesome view of the San Juan's on that pass west of Ridgway. Are they keeping I-70 cleared off pretty good ?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I just looked and westbound Vail pass is now closed, due to a wreck and no info to when I'll be open. Sure glad I'm not trying to get home on a Friday night up there. I'll bet they'll have eastbound shut down by 9: pm tonight.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday might be ok, but Sunday they'll be doing avalanche mitigation all along 70 through the mountains, so it'll be closed down off and on a lot. 285 is used so much to get to Breck now that it's starting to look like I-70.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday might be ok, but Sunday they'll be doing avalanche mitigation all along 70 through the mountains, so it'll be closed down off and on a lot. 285 is used so much to get to Breck now that it's starting to look like I-70.
Use to be a sign saying Avalanche [CONTROL] today or you'd hear that road will be closed "For Avalanche Control" but here recently and maybe the first time this year I'm getting the new description of this smarter sounding word for dealing with heavy build up of snow on a mountain side Boy we're just sounding smarter every year hear in hip slick'n cool Cail-rodo.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well about 2pm today I mitigated Vail pass and on the west side the snow was really coming down. I heard on the radio on the way out of Golden highway 6 was closed for rock fall mitigation. I'm not kidd'n that's what the guy on the radio said and sure enough they had barricades setup going up Clear Creek Canyon. Over here in Montrose it's green pastures and the weather's great. Man I need to wrap this trip up quick, as I'm hearing there could be 8 to 12 inches of snow under blizzard conditions by Wednesday on the front range.

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_140052214.jpg
    IMG_20190311_140052214.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 37

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread