mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I found this nice "Struck through Die Cap" cent from the early 90s out of yesterday's cent box. This error happens when a struck coin gets stuck on the die. The following blank is struck and this is the result. You can actually see a distorted reverse impression on the obverse from the stuck coin. Here's a link explaining it and showing another example. Thanks for reading, MM2

Struck Through Die Cap Lincoln Cent

Attachments

• DSCN4544-002.JPG
    DSCN4544-002.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 471
  • DSCN4545-002.JPG
    DSCN4545-002.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your 1955 dd better still nice

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why am I tilting my smartphone to get a better read on the date?
Nice find.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! You are the King of Errors, just like Wicka is the King of Quarters. However, that cent definitely does not look like a 90s cent. It looks copper and has higher relief. Seems like early to late 70s, as the 60s had even better relief.

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! You are the King of Errors, just like Wicka is the King of Quarters. However, that cent definitely does not look like a 90s cent. It looks copper and has higher relief. Seems like early to late 70s, as the 60s had even better relief.
Thanks Sagittarius98. I've been lucky this year with error/variety coins, not so much with the silver. There is a very hard to see year on it. I suppose the third digit could be a 7 instead of a 9, it's very distorted. I think there is also a D mintmark. Thanks for all the replies. MM2

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i guess that means there is another out there huh?!?! I'm gonna get it. Nice find!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Sagittarius98. I've been lucky this year with error/variety coins, not so much with the silver. There is a very hard to see year on it. I suppose the third digit could be a 7 instead of a 9, it's very distorted. I think there is also a D mintmark. Thanks for all the replies. MM2

Weigh it, it looks like a 7 to me.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MM2, sweet find you got there!! Man, you ARE the king of errors!! keep up the search and good luck to future searches!!

I bought my scale for coins for $7,99 off of ebay, free shipping. It isn't top quality, but does the job just fine.
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread