Nice find in parents front yard

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5F1E37B1-DDED-4216-8BB5-964573972A65.jpeg 5F1E37B1-DDED-4216-8BB5-964573972A65.jpeg found in my parents front yard

Upvote 18
OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing is i thought the one cent coin was a quarter till my dad cleaned it and thought the silver coin was just some junk of a bracelet. I punch up carlos the third on goggle and then I realized what it was learned my lesson to keep evrything till you get home to clean it up My first thought was to throw it back in the hole

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first thought was to throw it back in the hole
Do you usually throw your junk finds back into the hole? Stop doing that!
Nice finds though.

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like TooManyHobbies said, Nice Finds, but you do no one, nor our hobby, any benefit by throwing trash finds back in the hole. Whoever taught you to do that, did you no favor. Now think about this...... 10 Years from now you get a new, state of the art detector. You go back over your parents front yard. What do you suppose your going to dig up. YOUR OWN TRASH! Senseless.

Good luck on your future hunting.

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first i would throw it back in but now I carry everything out after digging the same trash twice i figured it out

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Good thing you didn't throw one back! I agree with what CCDAMEEK said, you do yourself no favors when you throw trash back in the hole!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Glad you figured that out mjb. It?ll also mean the occasional good find because you removed the trash signal.

Given the top notch finds you had, I?ll drop another piece of unsolicited advice I?ve learned the hard way. Dig every signal as though it?s a keeper even if you think it?s going to be trash. I?ve gotten lazy on trash signals and smashed coins. Learned my lesson.

Congratulations!
Dig

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the good advise.been using my new equinox now for 6 months I really like it and learning every day

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one cent coin was 1806 couldnt read the date on the silver put im guessing being carlos the third some were around late 1700 is that correct?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread