May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this painting at a Goodwill for a $8 dollars. It looks like it is signed "Lola". It has some mold on it so it was probably stored in a damp basement. Any ideas on this one? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450242147.938235.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450242158.674680.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450242179.535241.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking into Lola Joiner from Kentucky. It may be one of her earlier pieces. Her recent signature on some of her works has both first and last name, but the last "A" in Lola had that same "drag down" quality to it compared to your piece. If it is her, you did well my friend!! I think it's a neat piece regardless of who it is.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking into Lola Joiner from Kentucky. It may be one of her earlier pieces. Her recent signature on some of her works has both first and last name, but the last "A" in Lola had that same "drag down" quality to it compared to your piece. If it is her, you did well my friend!! I think it's a neat piece regardless of who it is.

I think you are onto something, I found her brother online and sent him pics. He is going to show it to her. Thank you for the lead

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are onto something, I found her brother online and sent him pics. He is going to show it to her. Thank you for the lead

Keep us posted! I'm really curious!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted! I'm really curious!

Well I finally heard back from Lola Joiner today. Unfortunately she said it was not hers so I am back to the drawing board.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally heard back from Lola Joiner today. Unfortunately she said it was not hers so I am back to the drawing board.

That's a bummer. It was worth a shot though. Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread