nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I had to stop by Ace hardware yesterday while hunting because I bent my trowel all up. While at the hardware store I found this nice digger. It only cost me about $7 and it's made of 3/16" thick metal, its gonna be tough to bend or break this one. The digger is made by Corona tools and is model#CT3020. Just thought that I would pass on this info in case anyone is looking for a good, inexpensive digging tool.

HH

Attachments

• IMAG0002 (Medium).JPG
    IMAG0002 (Medium).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMAG0002 (Medium).JPG
    IMAG0002 (Medium).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I have one of those and it is a tough little tool however if you are in an area like N.GA or TN you're going to need to sharpen it. It does not hold a candle to the Lesche digging tool however.

J

Mi$$ouri Jim

Apr 3, 2005
I hate to sound negative, but I have broken 2 of those before I finally bought the lesche. They didnt bend... they snapped mid-blade.Too bad too because I liked how easily they were pushed into the ground. I even bought one made by the same company that looks exactly like that (same handle ,same metal), but had a wider shovel-like blade. I didnt use that one much because it was hard to insert it into the ground I think they are made of some type of aluminum alloy (or a lighter metal than steel) as it is very light for the amount of metal in it.

I also wanted to note that I i am notoriously hard on my diggers & like to pry like mad with them. I have even broken lesches before.

So dont pry too hard with that digger if you want it to last.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you would like a indestructible digger try the Raptor by Predator Tools. You could run over this with your truck. The only negative is it does not have a serrated edge. Look at www.predatortools.com .

Ed Donovan

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
The US Army was making a pretty good tool back in the 40s that I still use today.? It doubles as a weapon when detecting in the neighborhoods where it seems all the good spots seem to be.? And when you use it to torque on that dirt, it doesn't even flinch.? It may be bigger than the tool most of you use, but it is certainly not a full size shovel and it balances the body a bit when swinging the detector if you hold it in your other hand. Granted, it digs a 6 x 6 plug, so it is not too good for those sites where you need to dig discreetly.

Attachments

• USshovel.jpg
    USshovel.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
N

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX