Nice Little Creek Piece

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I was going to hike back through about 3/4 mile of hills and canyons to get to a blufftop field but when I got up to where the field was, they still had a lot of snow on the ground. I was disappointed but headed west about 30 miles to a creek I like to hunt and ran out of the snow. I walked a long ways up the creek without finding anything and was starting to wonder why I liked this creek so much. Finally, I spotted this little triangle point and was feeling a little better.

instu1.jpg

insitu2.jpg

point1.jpg

point2.jpg

I was very encouraged by all the signs of spring I was seeing. Moss is really taking off with new shoots on the logs and ground.

moss1.jpg

I was even seeing new mushrooms popping out of the logs.

mushrooms1.jpg

mushroom2.jpg

And the birds were everywhere in the low bushes. I'm too impatient to stay with the nervous little critters for pictures but I caught a couple of them off guard.

sparrow3.jpg

owl1.jpg

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
Great pics once again Uncle Tom!

Amazing how one piece makes you keep coming back for more. That next find just could be that find of a lifetime!

Thanks again for taking us along.

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Nice little triangle Tom, and the pics are amazing as always! I plan on hitting it pretty hard this next week, I'm gonna get my boat out for the first time.

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Great story Tom I can relate great lengths for even one or two worked flakes makes me smile,even better when we get goodies real nice triangle congrats,and always the best pics thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread