Nice little gold streak

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been on a nice little run for gold lately.. It's been about 9 days working this area and have had some good gold. Went to my Grandpa house to give him his weekly gold 18.2 GRAMS. It makes the hour walk and lugging all the crap down there worth it , usually I carry all that crap for nothing. I got my brother going out with me tomorrow and I'm going to stop beating bedrock to death and dig in some gravel.. gotta switch it up my hands are killing me. My grandpa likes to play with his gold

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are mad, MAD! Let me hold your poke till you are feeling better.....(nice) TTC

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold Mad Marshall, it is alot of fun when you run into an area that keeps putting gold out for a few days. That is some nice inlay gold you have there. Are you using a VLF or just working by hand. A good gold VLF would work wonders there. I have had several spots like that up in Trinity County that continued to pay for many months before running out. It is fun and you will always have the memories. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done indeed! Keep filling that poke.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold Mad Marshall, it is alot of fun when you run into an area that keeps putting gold out for a few days. That is some nice inlay gold you have there. Are you using a VLF or just working by hand. A good gold VLF would work wonders there. I have had several spots like that up in Trinity County that continued to pay for many months before running out. It is fun and you will always have the memories. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS
Right now all my work is done with handtools saving money to purshase equipment to move more earth but Unless I have a good season on my claim I might be stuck with handtools for awhile.. This is almost my second year fulltime prospecting and I have to admit that it's been a hard road but progress is made and all my tools and my claim were all paid for buy gold not easy to do. I,ve never used a metal detector and proably wont get too for some while I don't have the time to embark on another method of prospecting.. I think my nesxt investment will be in a way to smelt my gold to better get the value of my gold.. I think I got a few years of hardwork before I get properly equiped .. I don't think people truly no the amount of effort that goes in to it.. Anyway my brother is ready to go so Ill end by saying good luck and good hunting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry about detectors, or other equipment. Just keep doing what you're doing. It works! Nice. TTC

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Just my opinion, but pieces bring spot + on ebay, we have folks in our club that buy small lockets in bulk, fill them with gold and water and sell them on e-bay, flee markets ect. They pay appox 3 dollars each, put 5 dollars worth of gold, and sell for 20 dollars each and can't seem to make them fast enough. The gold craze is hot now, and there is a demand for California placer gold. You might check all the local speciality jewelry shops and see if they are interested in nuggets, or specimens, as well as any rock clubs. There is nothing wrong in maximizing your profits on your hard work. Many will never have the chance to go to the places you go and can live the prospecting experience vicariously through you. I have seen miners sell gold at flea markets where they set up a table with pictures of their recovery and operations, some nice photos of the scenery, and panning station for the kids with gold colored lead or bb's or even sell pay dirt that can be panned at the table. You can sell vials for their poke and sell the whole gold mining experience. You are doing all the heavy lifting, perhaps you can think outside the box and be rewarded for your hard work... Good health and good hunting.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hot Damn Mad that is some good gold. :)

Are you going to try some underwater sniping this summer?

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hot Damn Mad that is some good gold. :)

Are you going to try some underwater sniping this summer?

Truthfully I would love too but as soon as I can get back to my claim I have put in some serious digging and can't be trying sometin new and then sometimes toward the very end of the season I'll be headed up to sawyers bar area untill threatend by bad weather. For now my goals dictate no play

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you ever need a partner I will work for $5 under the table or 15% of the gold. I have an Garette ace 250 and a home made dredge that i have not tested yet. I was pulling a shaft out of a 120v electric motor for the Pump shaft and I accidently bent it.

You cannot see the bend in it but when you pull the cord you can see a slight wiggle. So it might rip to shreds or it could actually hold together. I just need to finish drilling 3 holes in the mounting plate and then test it. The hose came off a pool pump, size is about 2 inch. The pool pump alone is strong enough to to hold a 2.5 inch rock with suction force so im sure id be good for placer gold.
I only have a 50cc motor but if i ever needed a stronger one I can buy a 6.5hp for $99.99 new

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread