Nice little road trip

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Well a mini road trip anyways. I had been through most of the small town banks in the past few months but there was one little town that was just not on the way for any organized trip. So today I made the decision that I was going out of the way to check out this bank. I stop in and ask for halves and they give me $100 in hand rolls, I ask if they have anymore and she says about $300 but she wasn't going to give them to me. So I head out of town checking while I drive and every roll was nearly half silver, so I turned around and headed back. I asked nicely, said they were for a poker game and we needed more halves, she says I can have $150 and brings out 15 CWI rolls :( The other teller says he has 2 rolls and hands over some hand rolls. I got 3 40%ers from the CWI rolls and the 2 hand rolls were once again half silver. I hit a couple more banks on my way home but got skunked. Totals take for the day

94 - 40%ers
8 - 90%ers

Dying to find out if they have anymore hand rolls back in that vault, will have to send the wife next time ;)

Upvote 0

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Have you thought of re-rolling the clad and Trading for those other rolls?

Might be worth it. Or buy some sealed rolls from another bank. Those sealed rolls might have one or two silver but you KNOW those others have good silver so I think it's a gamble that is worth playing.

I have gotten a few extra boxes of new pennies this way.

Michael

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
packfan_1982 said:
Total take for the day
94 - 40%ers
8 - 90%ers

Dying to find out if they have anymore hand rolls back in that vault, will have to send the wife next time ;)

First: Nice totals. :P

Second: Re roll them dumps and trade out every roll you can get your hands on. Or send the wife in and have her say i'm here to pick up the halves for the poker game.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread