Nice looking, what is it

marjo

Oct 10, 2006
I found this coin or token, 1867 with the word Nova Scotia at the top and below that in the middle is a picture of a shield with a man on the right and a horse or unicorn on the left wearing a crown at the bottom the word nouvelle-ecosse, on the reverse it has the word Mayflower on the top and a picture of a mayflower in the middle the word fleur de mai at the bottom it has no value stamped on it anywhere if anyone has any info on this coin I would love to hear more about it

OP
OP
M

marjo

Oct 10, 2006
marjo said:
I found this coin or token, 1867 with the word Nova Scotia at the top and below that in the middle is a picture of a shield with a man on the right and a horse or unicorn on the left wearing a crown at the bottom the word nouvelle-ecosse, on the reverse it has the word Mayflower on the top and a picture of a mayflower in the middle the word fleur de mai at the bottom it has no value stamped on it anywhere if anyone has any info on this coin I would love to hear more about it

Sorry cant seem to get a better picture then this let me know what you think if you recognize it

Attachments

• 1867 coin  pictures 006.jpg
    1867 coin pictures 006.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 859
  • 1867 coin  pictures 001.jpg
    1867 coin pictures 001.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 919

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nova Scotia “Mayflower” coinage -- The halfpenny and a penny are often referred to as the most beautiful of the pieces of this time period. These were true coins as they had been officially approved by the British Government. They were struck at Heaton’s mint in Birmingham, though the dies were made at the Royal Mint.

NEW SCOTLAND = NOUVELLE ECOSSE I know that in 1867 Canada became an independent country. News-Scotland, New Brunswick and the new provinces of Ontario and Quebec formed a confederation

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread