Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son-in-law asked if he could try metal detecting as he's gotten interested in my hobby. I welcomed the opportunity and let him use my old Fisher F2 while pointing him to an unexplored area in the place I'd recently found my liberty head gold dollar. He found three Lincolns, but this was what really got us both excited:

Merc1.JPG

Merc2.JPG

It's not rare, but it is silver. He was not familiar with the Mercury dime, so you can imagine how this beautiful coin inspired him to want more. I told him he had an exceptional first time out, and we are already planning a more extensive excursion soon! Thanks for looking and letting me share!

Upvote 18

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Old Pueblo. It doesn't have to be rare to be treasure. Silver is treasure, and so are rusty relics. Congrats on your first Merc.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son-in-law asked if he could try metal detecting as he's gotten interested in my hobby. I welcomed the opportunity and let him use my old Fisher F2 while pointing him to an unexplored area in the place I'd recently found my liberty head gold dollar. He found three Lincolns, but this was what really got us both excited:

View attachment 1473437

View attachment 1473438

It's not rare, but it is silver. He was not familiar with the Mercury dime, so you can imagine how this beautiful coin inspired him to want more. I told him he had an exceptional first time out, and we are already planning a more extensive excursion soon! Thanks for looking and letting me share!

Great post.
I love it when people learn...."Good Things" lol.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the mere sight of silver or a ring in the ground gets anyone's heart to pumping, because it is real treasure! congrats and more good luck

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Merc! You guys have a great site there, enjoy it!

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I still don't have a Merc. Keep going!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Glad to see someone else enjoys teaching others this awesome hobby!! Congrats to you and your brother-in-law!!!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread