New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All :hello:
Got out for two short hunts after work,
First I went back to the new boatyard, cleared a lot more lead & brass scrap.
underneath I got the first coins from this site, one right after the other, and just the way I like, flip the mud and rocks, see the lovely green discs, no pinpointing ;D
Looks to be a George II Young Head, 1730s or so.
I got a blank copper, now I see the remains of Brittanias image.
then an 1854 Large Cent, since this ones patina was chipped, I gave it the Hot/cold treatment, stripped the green, and got the date.
3 flat buttons and a nice lead Plumb Bob. (love the black patina on the old saltwater lead too! :D ).
Big old Thick copper spoonbowl & plated copper teaspoon.
'Quaker' lead seal, Oats??
18th & 19th century mackeral jigs
Oh yeah, largest clay pipestem yet, almost 6 inches, 'W White Glasgow'
Stopped at the town beach on my way home, (last summer 3 gold diamond rings in one hunt!!)
I got a handfull of clad, & a couple junk rings, then a nice signal which revealed a nickel, I knew before I looked it would be a silver, My first with any detail :hello2:
Thanks for looking, Best Digs to you all :thumbsup:

Attachments

• NH FINDS 05-11 021.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 021.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,110
  • NH FINDS 05-11 012.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 012.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,096
  • NH FINDS 05-11 002.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 002.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,103
  • NH FINDS 05-11 011.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 011.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,095
  • NH FINDS 05-11 008.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 008.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,080
  • NH FINDS 05-11 007.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 007.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,080
  • NH FINDS 05-11 014.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 014.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,059
  • NH FINDS 05-11 016.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 016.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,044
  • NH FINDS 05-11 017.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 017.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,028
  • NH FINDS 05-11 022.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 022.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,024
  • NH FINDS 05-11 018.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 018.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • NH FINDS 05-11 020.jpg
    NH FINDS 05-11 020.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,007
Upvote 0

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff got to get those old coins out before theres nothin left of them
good job

OP
OP
steelheadwill

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Woodland Detectors said:
You on to it again Herbie. It just kills me that the salt is so brutal on your finds. You come up with some amazing stuff. Congrats on the pipe stem buddy
Thanks Mike!
I'd prefer better condition too,
But I love the way George and Brittania look on this one.
The gold that's coming will be pristine ;D

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
After work :icon_scratch:
You mean some Americans still have a job ???

Nice finds :icon_thumleft:
It pays to dig out that trash to see what it is hiding :thumbsup:

Blaze

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) 8) 8) hunt !!!! Steelheadwill :headbang: :headbang: I for one know Herb's gotta get down and dirty to get finds and he is not driving up to a manicured park or ball field and leaving there with clean hands . Mud , ticks , spiderwebs , flying teeth insects of every kind , poison ivy , snakes , sun burn , soreness in every muscle in your body , torn clothes , damaged equip. , time , effort , sweat , bug sprays , briers with thorns are all part of the territory that has the old stuff . Just wanted to throw that out there ...finding colonial era and early American relics & coins etc. is not a walk down main street . That's the WAY IT IS AND WE LIKE IT :headbang:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Herbie,
Young Head Farthing,Young Head halfpenny,& LC in the same hunt that's getting it done. :thumbsup: I have some sites that make coppers & brass items do that same thing as yours.Always come from the smellest black mud.And what ever causes it makes them look like they were clean with some kind of acid or chemical.Weird thing is they seem to stay bright & never tarnish guess it's the years of being treated. :icon_scratch:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
8) 8) 8) hunt !!!! Steelheadwill :headbang: :headbang: I for one know Herb's gotta get down and dirty to get finds and he is not driving up to a manicured park or ball field and leaving there with clean hands . Mud , ticks , spiderwebs , flying teeth insects of every kind , ivy , snakes , sun burn , soreness in every muscle in your body , rip clothes , damaged equip. , time , effort , sweat , money spent on bug sprays , briers with thorns are all part of the territory that has the old stuff . Just wanted to throw that out there ...finding colonial era and early American relics & coins etc. is not a walk down main street . That's the WAY IT IS AND WE LIKE IT :headbang:
Well stated CMD, :wink: Damn makes me ready to go now. ;D That's it......time for another hunt in my near future. :laughing7: :headbang:
Take Care,

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice color on that one...great finds at usual! keep them coming :icon_thumright:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Man that whole pile of stuff is impressive! I don't know what I would ever do if I came across a LC in the ground. Probably faint.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 1 old george II is in pretty good shape :icon_sunny: Nice finds Herbie

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually it's the old head, and seems to end in zero which would mean the only possible date is 1750. The other coin is actually more interesting. Can you see anything on the other side? More likely a State copper than a British King George. Seems very small though... need another clue!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killer hunt and finds!!!!! MR TUFF

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Sweet pulls Herbie!!! Toasted or fried, a coppa is a coppa and you scored 3! :headbang:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Actually it's the old head, and seems to end in zero which would mean the only possible date is 1750. The other coin is actually more interesting. Can you see anything on the other side? More likely a State copper than a British King George. Seems very small though... need another clue!
You the man at coins IP, :thumbsup: I did not even look that well at the one as he seemed to have it already ID'd in his post.But the size of the other besides the one was why I went farthing.Must be just the way it looks in the pic.(smaller) but the reverse does look more like a Ct. copper.Anyway if he helps a little on some better pics. no doubt you could tell him what he's got. :wink:
Take Care,

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
You the man at coins IP, :thumbsup: I did not even look that well at the one as he seemed to have it already ID'd in his post.But the size of the other besides the one was why I went farthing.Must be just the way it looks in the pic.(smaller) but the reverse does look more like a Ct. copper.Anyway if he helps a little on some better pics. no doubt you could tell him what he's got. :wink:
Take Care,

I'd say it's a CT and even just one letter will confirm it, but that might even be asking too much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread