diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pic size was way too big. What are the makers marks on the knife? It's hard to identify a pattern without a maker.

Attachments

• knife 003.JPG
    knife 003.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 529
OP
OP
J

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
thanks for the resize....I don't see makers mark on the knifes.I have a few other pics but they are big as well and I cant seem to get them smaller...

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
That's a fairly simple pattern & it's monogrammed. It's probably worth looking up if possible but in most cases simple patterns with monograms are worth more as bullion. They look old enough to have fairly thick sterling handles. I'd estimate between 2 & 3 troy ounces of silver total.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
trdhrdr007 said:
That's a fairly simple pattern & it's monogrammed. It's probably worth looking up if possible but in most cases simple patterns with monograms are worth more as bullion. They look old enough to have fairly thick sterling handles. I'd estimate between 2 & 3 troy ounces of silver total.
think your total is a lil high I would say 1.5-1.75 max as total weight

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
trdhrdr007 said:
think your total is a lil high I would say 1.5-1.75 max as total weight

Yeah, I'm with creeper here. Can't tell for sure, but the handles look like they are filled. So you would have cut them open and empty out the insides to get the real value of these. Probably easier to sell as is instead of doing more work and then taking them somewhere or sending them in.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

That’s from Lunt. They incorporated as the Rogers, Lunt & Bowlen Company in 1902 and shortened their name to Lunt Silversmiths in 1935. The pattern in ‘Mount Vernon’, designed by George C. Lunt and in production from 1905 all the way through to 1997.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread