nice pick up

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the weather has been frightful on the coast, what with ultra high tides, wind, hail, rain and some bitter cold too, (not to mention elk hunters with poor eye sight), so as a result some of my favorite out of the way places have been sitting on the back burner. I finally got the itch just too hard to ignore...I mean it was shouting at me to come to a very specific spot, so i heeded the call and braved the elements. Sure glad I did too...literally as soon as I stepped into my zone I bent over and picked up this beauty. The gods of hunting were with me that day.

Attachments

• DSC01197.JPG
    DSC01197.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01200.JPG
    DSC01200.JPG
    359.9 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find to start off the new year!

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really good way to start year, looks like pet wood?

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love it when "the call" comes, your experience knows enough to listen, and sure enough, there's the reason for the call!

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
yes i think it is petrified wood, but unlike others i have found that are more obvious.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is really cool.

Ever wonder if the Natives were hesitant to use certain points?

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
i have always wondered if they picked up old points and reused them...I mean, we find points, so they must have seen them too. Would a native pick up a clovis point and say.."i can use this".

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have always wondered if they picked up old points and reused them...I mean, we find points, so they must have seen them too. Would a native pick up a clovis point and say.."i can use this".

I'm sure they did which is why some ended up in places mixed in with newer stuff. I would think they would been masters at locating old camps and taking what was useful.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they sure did,and one tribe,sorry cant remember,when asked about their points, they said they were gifts from the forest.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
they sure did,and one tribe,sorry cant remember,when asked about their points, they said they were gifts from the forest.

yeah but that one that you just can't shake...that one just has to be scratched.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread