Feb 2, 2013
g6.jpg g4.jpg g5.jpg g7.jpg g8.jpg g9.jpg g10.jpg g11.jpg g15.jpg g16.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Great photos, and a wonderful place to prospect. I wish you the best of luck, and just know- I'm jealous!

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
2 miles of river or glacier carved bedrock, With text book gravel bars all over, and lots of wash outs!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Natural beauty +gold = good times!

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
I had the Henry too. It worked awesome..[. Poor mans sluice is pretty good)

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
Yes digging a month of 20º ground is pretty brutal on a guy. and equipment

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
Its really hard when gravel is clumped together and the water in the pan freezes in 1 minute. But that what its all about

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigjoeK,

That is a great looking canyon! You are in some steep country and narrow and in the winter! Do be careful about downpours as I would not like to be in that canyon when a wall of water swept through it. Your pictures are great, the thought of panning in 20 degree weather makes my fingers hurt. Take good care of yourself and be careful about freezing your extremities. I used to cross country ski/backpack and playing with mother nature in those conditions is touchy business, one little mistake and she gets your right now. Then again in that kind of weather a hot camp fire is absolutely the Best!.......63bkpkr

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful pictures!!!! here's a pic of my spot just before christmas
9ml.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome pics. :)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mattfink,
Very picturesque, I keep looking for a horse drawn sleigh to be crossing the bridge! So that pict was taken Dec 2012, was it a an especially light year for snow, cold, ice and more cold in MN? That low slung critter in the drive looks like it would make some noise and really scream going down a drag strip! Please don't tell me its a chopped 4 x 4 and you currently use it to go into the hills with.

Have fun..............63bkpkr

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mattfink,
Very picturesque, I keep looking for a horse drawn sleigh to be crossing the bridge! So that pict was taken Dec 2012, was it a an especially light year for snow, cold, ice and more cold in MN? That low slung critter in the drive looks like it would make some noise and really scream going down a drag strip! Please don't tell me its a chopped 4 x 4 and you currently use it to go into the hills with.

Have fun..............63bkpkr

haha no that car is a creation by Gas Monkey Garage the guys from the Fast and Loud tv show on discovery. I snapped the pic a few years back at the Back to the 50's car show we have every year in MN. The snow and cold came late this year now that I look the pic was taken December 8 and the next day was the first heavy snow of 10in here's a pic of it the weekend before.....
9 mile creek 2.jpg the spot is actually in a minneapolis suburb near the Mall of America.....

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mattfink,
Timing, what an amazing phenomenon. Snow one day nearly dry the next week. That is a great looking creek though it does not look like water flows all year round. Is it mostly a run off waterway? Next question that has to be asked; so its right around the corner from the Mall of America and do you get any, even the slightest trace, of color out of it? You know the saying, "gold is where you find it"..............63bkpkr

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic of 2 hours of panning this creek. the dry looking pic the water is flowing pretty good just not visible in the pic....its at a bad angle
bloomington gold 2.jpg bloomington gold.jpg

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it does flow all year round it drains into the minnesota river from many miles of lakes and ponds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread