Nice piece of rock

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what I have been looking for! Could you tell what kind of geological environment that came from? I have been searching contact zones, fault lines and areas known to be ancient hydrathermal veins to no avail. (Yet)...did you find that with a detector? What did the rock enviroment it was in look like? Was all the quartz in the vein that color? Congratulations! From my limited experience pieces like that don't find you, ,,you have to do your homework to find them!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn nice rock!!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
You posted this on my birthday T! Its a great picture to look at, looks amazing! Hope you get pounds more of that stuff.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In rose Quartz none the less! NAICE!

dawnhvr

Sep 5, 2013
Nice to know that's rose quartz. I have pieces of that...minus the gold though.

OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You posted this on my birthday T! Its a great picture to look at, looks amazing! Hope you get pounds more of that stuff.

" You posted this on my birthday T! "

That was my plan all along AB . 8-)

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking good T ,keep it up. round me up a couple bucketfuls!

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah ,I've never been the greedy type. To be honest I was satisfied with the pic . Glad your in it . I'm trying to muster up the courage to go this weekend ,gonna be cold up there. But I need to get back in that last hole. Dead skunks all over the place :skullflag:...

OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How about some tips to help a newbie out?

Here's a tip that applies no matter where you hunt or how you hunt ................ start keeping accurate and detailed records ............ now . Don't burn a couple of years before you realize it would have been a good idea .

OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yeah ,I've never been the greedy type. To be honest I was satisfied with the pic . Glad your in it . I'm trying to muster up the courage to go this weekend ,gonna be cold up there. But I need to get back in that last hole. Dead skunks all over the place :skullflag:...

Now tell the truth Strick ...................... I know your beat'n it up on that hole man . 8-)

Check this chip out . Took it this past weekend from the home wash. It's a fair sliver of rock .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread