TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relaxing (metal detecting) Veteran's day

Nice relaxing Veteran's Day. I metal detected, the boys played in the yard and my husband built a new chicken coop for the boys' 4-H project.

I found some coins (nothing old), a few horse shoes, odd melted metal, and a railroad spike. Our property deed says in the early 1900 it was owned by Southern Pacific and there was a depot somewhere in town, no longer signs of railroad around.

DSCF1778.JPG DSCF1794.JPG

Upvote 10

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had fun, and that's what it's all about. We can do this because of the significance of this day. No better way to spend the day than enjoying our freedom to do so!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the family had a great day. You sure dug a lot of targets. Nice to have relics like those in your own yard.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you get those shoes and spikes out of the way, your to find something on veterans day..........

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and good you have the history of the land. Something does not sound right though...you get to hunt, ok. Your kids get to play:icon_scratch:, while your husband does their project:dontknow:? Dang, my dad never did my projects for me..:thumbsup:. Glad you all had a good day.

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don' t quite trust our 7 year olds with a circular saw and a pneumatic nail gun yet. The coop is to house the 4 H project. The project is still to come and this weekend the players have to paint the coop. Lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread