Nice Run of Boxes..

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up everyone? I saw that a lot of people were posting their results for this week, so I figured I would do the same.. This week was pretty solid.. I ended up with 25-40%s, 1-90% and a 1952 Franklin.. Certainly a good week in my book.. this week was particularly interesting because as I was picking up boxes from my best branch, another hunter came in and asked for CWR halves.. I heard him around the corner and hid with my boxes until he left.. ( I am not trying to wise anyone up to possible pickup banks in the area) It is hard to explain, but beside the teller windows, there is a small lobby area where the vault teller will give me the half dollars. I was out of sight and just didn't want to be walking by the dude with my boxes.. Maybe I am being paranoid..:laughing7: Either way, it kinda worked out for me, because the vault teller noticed i was being a little paranoid and assured me that any rolls that come in with silver will be saved for me and to "not worry about it." I was happy to hear those words.. Overall a nice week of hunting.. I hope everyone is doing well and having fun.. HH

Attachments

• Sweetness.jpg
    Sweetness.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
Upvote 0

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on the finds!!! Glad someone is finding them. HH

Last edited:

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz on your finds. My only finds this week were all out of 2 boxes for the most part, were odd boxes and I was eager to open them since the lids were kind of bubbled out. Turns out they were rolled very junky and with gray/white brinks rollers that were turned inside out and apparently for 25 dollars in dollar coins lol. Not sure what was going on with them but they had silver in them so i look forward to more =)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice man! Glad you had a good week! I do the same thing when I'm in the banks too, I try not to let anyone see mr getting my boxes, if there is a line I wait, I also bring a towel with me some times to throw over my boxes ( when I'm picking up 4 or more) when they are on my cart so no one sees them. I tell them I don't want other people to see me leaving with my order and ask about ordering anymore. HH, Maverick.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up everyone? I saw that a lot of people were posting their results for this week, so I figured I would do the same.. This week was pretty solid.. I ended up with 25-40%s, 1-90% and a 1952 Franklin.. Certainly a good week in my book.. this week was particularly interesting because as I was picking up boxes from my best branch, another hunter came in and asked for CWR halves.. I heard him around the corner and hid with my boxes until he left.. ( I am not trying to wise anyone up to possible pickup banks in the area) It is hard to explain, but beside the teller windows, there is a small lobby area where the vault teller will give me the half dollars. I was out of sight and just didn't want to be walking by the dude with my boxes.. Maybe I am being paranoid..:laughing7: Either way, it kinda worked out for me, because the vault teller noticed i was being a little paranoid and assured me that any rolls that come in with silver will be saved for me and to "not worry about it." I was happy to hear those words.. Overall a nice week of hunting.. I hope everyone is doing well and having fun.. HH

Awesome Score! Good job. I actually have a similar story from yesterday. I stopped at a small bank yesterday that was in an old town to ask for halves simply because it is 3 blocks from my office. I pulled up as the Brink's truck was there and his dolly had 6 brinks boxes of halves on it. I went in and asked the teller if they had any halves and they said "no" as the guy wheeled the boxes past me. I know they must have been ordered for a hunter, so I wasn't expecting them to offer a box to me nor would I have taken one from another hunter, but I thought it was funny timing.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Score! Good job. I actually have a similar story from yesterday. I stopped at a small bank yesterday that was in an old town to ask for halves simply because it is 3 blocks from my office. I pulled up as the Brink's truck was there and his dolly had 6 brinks boxes of halves on it. I went in and asked the teller if they had any halves and they said "no" as the guy wheeled the boxes past me. I know they must have been ordered for a hunter, so I wasn't expecting them to offer a box to me nor would I have taken one from another hunter, but I thought it was funny timing.

If the bank sells them to me, I take them =) Wouldn't care who they were ordered for lol. A good bank will save them for who ordered them first though, but i have picked up some that the person who ordered just left them there and the bank got tired of storing the boxes, or they ordered a bag just to ask for 50 dollars worth and left the rest for the bank to kick around.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I saw some guy in the corner holding half boxes!!

nah jk.. lol

Nice scores, how many boxes did you go through?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I ran into a crh'er the other day picking up 2 dime boxes, it's at a bank i've never been to before, so I wasn't too concerned considering he probrably frequents the branch.
good luck next week!
hh
buff

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I saw some guy in the corner holding half boxes!!

nah jk.. lol

Nice scores, how many boxes did you go through?

I searched 12 boxes this week.. I am certainly pleased with the results..

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have run into a couple of different roll hunters at the dump bank we all seem to use in our city. One guy I even wound up being friends with. He has given me some great tips and I try to share information with him. Sometimes it better to work together as a team, share knowledge and not try and re-invent the wheel all of the time. He has saved me a bunch of wasted time and efforts and gave me tips that led to tons of silver. We simply have a mutual agreement to hunt the opposite sides of town (staying out of each other's territory). We even talk on the phone a couple of nights week comparing finds and info.

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome.. I am pretty close with two hunters in the area and we stay in touch frequently.. They mostly search CWR halves and dime boxes. I am just hesitant, because there isn't anyone else ordering from these branches that I use and I would like to keep it that way.. I completely understand what you mean though.. I am always friendly, but definitely try to keep my system under wraps.. Actually I got a couple of your marked coins OtlFrutiger.. It was either last week or the week before.. Don't remember..

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Gratz on your finds. My only finds this week were all out of 2 boxes for the most part, were odd boxes and I was eager to open them since the lids were kind of bubbled out. Turns out they were rolled very junky and with gray/white brinks rollers that were turned inside out and apparently for 25 dollars in dollar coins lol. Not sure what was going on with them but they had silver in them so i look forward to more =)

I remember Brinks had a shortage of wrapping paper a few months ago, and needed to use dollar coin wrappers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread