Nice score on a month old item

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of our thrift stores here does jewelry by the color of the tag. So every two weeks it's a different color. I think this week is green the last two weeks were blue the two previous weeks before that, white and now before that was red. The next Color will be yellow. (I don't know if you can tell that I go to this place too much!)

I'm looking in their jewelry case and all of the colors are half off except for pink which are all the gold items and never go on sale. Then Green was the new color so those are not on sale. I asked to look at the bracelets on the display and the first four are red and I noticed one has a price tag of $19.99. So today it's half off. I can't really make out the marking 100% but I can tell the last two numbers are 50. So this bracelet is either Marked 950 or 750. I took the $10 chance!

Get to the car-- marked SOA ar*italy 750!! Wohoo!! 5.4 gram for $10 18k.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449815301.680903.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449815323.097128.jpg

Just proved it again Beach ... if you are meant to find it, you will. No matter when you go looking. If it has your name on it, you will bring it home.

Great find! Congrats on a $10 18K bracelet!

Doesn't make sense...

Even at $20, it would have been a steal. Why did it sit in the case for a month, even if $20?

Nice find. I have had great luck with incorrectly marked white gold. I check all silver marks now very carefully. I have found 4 "silver" items so far that turned out to be white gold.

Couple, three times I've found .750 gold unrecognized. Best was a vintage ladies Tissot wristwatch case-band all 18K. It was less then $7.00. I was on the road and hit a pawn shop in Winnemucca Nevada and did a swap for a 18K signed Tiffany & Co diamond ring. It was a fraction in gold weight to the watch, but worth a whole lot more then the watch. The ring had a 3rd karat altra clear diamond. It sold for so much more then that watch would have.

Doesn't make sense...

Even at $20, it would have been a steal. Why did it sit in the case for a month, even if $20?

All I can think is that it was with other sterling bracelets. For $20 being so dainty, that was too much for sterling. Which their sterling prices are ridiculously high as well. I don't think they know the gold number markings unless it ends w/ a K.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back