nice score!!

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to the bank i buy from today for a box of dimes and noticed about 5 halves in the teller tray, one was silver. I asked if i could buy it and she said yes. Nice right? Then she says that same person gave me a roll of halves did you want that. Of course i said ok and sure enough i pulled 16 40% from the roll!! the one in the tray was 40% as well so 17 total at face value! no 1970. I can honestly say i have got more silver halves from buying customer wrapped rolls then ordering them. Its all about being in the right place at the right time and making friends with tellers.

Upvote 0

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and also dealing with the right tellers as well. If you were to run into ones who cull silver, no matter how nice they are, you wouldn't have any chance. Happened to me once. Heard them count some coins, sound like big silver coins...asked to buy them but was turned down.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope you didn't just buy the 1 40%er from the tray but bought them all. If a teller learns the value of silver and with your instruction, how to identify them, you're running a serious risk of that bank no longer producing. Those coins will go home with the teller.

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope you didn't just buy the 1 40%er from the tray but bought them all. If a teller learns the value of silver and with your instruction, how to identify them, you're running a serious risk of that bank no longer producing. Those coins will go home with the teller.

I bought all of them, i always do. I do it for that reason and also to be nice so the bank can get rid of them. Banks hate dealing with half dollars so i am always will to help them out. I did notice in my post what i typed sounded like i bought just the one but i didnt. I even have gas stations that save them for me and if there is no silver i still buy all of them. good luck with your hunts jack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions