nice scrap day... the gamble paid off!

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
I had 2 places to go to near me. One the price of stainless was between .80-.90 per lb but the cans were .64 per lb. The one further away, stainless was.75-1.50 per lb depending on how clean it is. and .65 per lb on cans. My stainless scrap is mainly from band clamps and very clean. I'm glad the drive paid off. Good vacation money.

todays totals:
27lbs aluminum @ .45
111lbs of AL cans @ .65
29lbs of brass @ .65
231lbs of 316SS @ 1.25

prices are from Gaby Iron & Metals in Chicago Heights, they're the most fair people to deal with in my last 15 years of scrapping. I've tried others, but I really like Gaby. Unless there's a coupon in the paper for someone else, their payouts are usually better.

Thanx fer readin' ... happy hunting/scrapping
Rumblebelly

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Thats interesting what you get for aluminum there. Here it is $.55 for clean aluminum and $.55 for cans. Anyway you look at it selling scrape does pay off.

OP
OP
Rumblebelly

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
Jeffro said:
whitesid said:
Rumblebelly said:
231lbs of 316SS @ 1.25
what is that??

Grade 316 Stainless Steel.

How did you get so much from bands? Those things weigh what, an ounce or two? Musta been collecting for awhile, eh? :)

Jeffro,

we had to make a bunch of steam hose assemblies for the steel mills. The clamps used band the fitting to keep them on. There were 4 bands per hose and about a thousand hoses! It adds up quick.

Thank you for reading,
Rumblebelly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread