Nice Semi-Key IH and Tiny Little Designed Button

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went for a hike yesterday afternoon to see if I could find a couple of colonial foundations. Wasn't going to bring my machine but I did. The snow is so deep that I just could not find the cellar holes. The spot where I parked my truck has an old cellar hole that I assumed a million people have hunted for decades. But I wanted to give it a good 30 minutes. I told myself I'd find one keeper and go. Instantly got a little high tone in the thick iron and was happy to see this teeny lil button with a cool design on it. This thing is crazy small. Can't make out the backmark but I really like the design.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I had told myself that I was going to find a coin every hunt this season so I kepy hunting until I got a nice tone at about 8". Out came this 1876 IH with great detail.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Found a big dumping area right at the end that needs a little more investigation. Here's a couple fragments. I also pulled the Suspender buvkle from at least 12". It was waaaaayyyyy down there
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 20

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody's finding these nice IH's right now - What ..do they come out to play in the springtime ?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody's finding these nice IH's right now - What ..do they come out to play in the springtime ?

Ya know it's weird....every one I find is a good date and in nice condition. 98% of my LCs suck. I'm just hunting between snowdrifts so whatever is there is coming with me 8-)

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that 1876 is sweet, did you hit it with olive oil ? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that 1876 is sweet, did you hit it with olive oil ? :thumbsup:

No just peroxide. If they've got a good solid base I just hp them. I actually put this one in cold peroxide and let it sit all night

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see you getting back out again Abe. I know that wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but at least you may have found one pre-1800s relic. Cool looking little button. But IMO the find of the hunt was that awesome IH which is in stellar condition. Hope you can get back and walk the woods again soon.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
All that fluffy snow as ice must preserve things better up there. I remember another IHP you found in similarly awesome condition.

Good to see ya got out bud

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that button is small. The shank is about as big as the face. Wonder if maybe that was from a child's article of clothing? Super nice IH. Finds like that should take the edge off until you can go anywhere you want:icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good return for the effort, nice going on the IH and the button.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that fluffy snow as ice must preserve things better up there. I remember another IHP you found in similarly awesome condition.

Good to see ya got out bud

I've been really lucky with indian heads. I've got a beautiful 66 and a gorgeous 70 as well. I actually thought this was the elusive 77 with the dirt on it. Wishful thinking 8-)

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 1876 is a beauty. My 1898 from yesterday cleaned up real nice too. Quick hunt today netted me, guess what ??? Two buffalo nickels ! Here we go again ! Did get a nice sterling silver religious medal though !

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One really cool hunt! Amazing for the conditions you had for the hunt.
The IHP looks like it was lost the year it was minted.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow abe that buckle is probly my favorite, but that ih has great detail

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice penny, but I thought you had found a key to an IH (International) semi.

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Indian Abe, Stellar Condition! Looks like you're on some sites that will produce when the snow melts and you can get in there, Nice digs buddy, Congrats!

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice button, but that Indian is a real beauty and a semi key date to boot. Great find!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be a hand model Abe!
Nice finds!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome IH, I wish they all came out that Purdy.
Cool Button & Buckle As well.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread