Nice Semi-Key IH and Tiny Little Designed Button

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went for a hike yesterday afternoon to see if I could find a couple of colonial foundations. Wasn't going to bring my machine but I did. The snow is so deep that I just could not find the cellar holes. The spot where I parked my truck has an old cellar hole that I assumed a million people have hunted for decades. But I wanted to give it a good 30 minutes. I told myself I'd find one keeper and go. Instantly got a little high tone in the thick iron and was happy to see this teeny lil button with a cool design on it. This thing is crazy small. Can't make out the backmark but I really like the design.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I had told myself that I was going to find a coin every hunt this season so I kepy hunting until I got a nice tone at about 8". Out came this 1876 IH with great detail.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Found a big dumping area right at the end that needs a little more investigation. Here's a couple fragments. I also pulled the Suspender buvkle from at least 12". It was waaaaayyyyy down there
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 20

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt!! Congrats!!

I like the design on that button too, I really like the condition that penny is in!!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great IH! For some reason, I have to be careful with the IH's we find around here. Sometimes the peroxide eats at the surface. Can't explain it. So I try not to heat it up too much. Yours came out GREAT! Congrats Hogge

Hey Hogge, I actually put this one in cold peroxide and let it sit overnight. I'm pretty much convinced that cold peroxide can't hurt a coin but hot hp certainly can

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job Abe. Glad that the snow id finally giving you a break. Very nice IHC. GL&HH.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What great detail on that coin:thumbsup: that's a really nice buckle and button. That button looks similar to a set on neck cuff buttons I found. Maybe the other one is out there waiting :dontknow:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome detail on the IH! Nice little button too! Even the buckle has good detail!
I think those things really wanted to go home with you, where it's nice and warm! They are probably tired of being in the cold snowy ground. Pretty soon they will be knocking on your door asking to come in!
You are one talented TH'er! Nice!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome detail on the IH! Nice little button too! Even the buckle has good detail!
things really wanted to go home with you, where it's nice and warm! They are probably tired of being in the cold snowy ground. Pretty soon they will be knocking on your door asking to come in!
You are one talented TH'er! Nice!

Thanks Ms Beep. You suppose theres a NE Shilling or a tree coin that's wanting to come home with me? I would make them very comfy I promise 8-)

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The IH and the suspender buckle are great finds Abe, amazing that it still has some of the leather attached! :thumbsup:

I too love picking up large pottery and glass fragments when I detect... although I'm not sure why? :laughing7:

Hope you have a great year buddy,
Dave

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IH is in nice shape. Glad to see you're getting out. I'm just coming out of hibernation myself. What a winter that was. Good luck this season buddy

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot guys. Greylock and Dave it's good to see you fellas back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread