Nice small blue bottle, any thoughts about this one?

M_d_in_guy

Jan 12, 2015
Jasper, Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATGOLD
Garrett pro pointer
Fiskars digger
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a really nice old dig site with literally hundreds of bottles laying around, this one was out in the water stuck in a crevice in the rocks. I would love to know more about it, can't seem to find anything info wise. Cheers and thanks in advance. It's 4-3/8 tall and has an applied top, the seams are corner to corner and no markings anywhere on the glass.

000_0765 (426x640).jpg 000_0766 (426x640).jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there fellow Ontarian, nice bottle! It looks like it may have contained a medicine or oil of some sort, but I can't be sure. It probably had a paper label. I'd guess that it dates to the early 1870s.

If I were you I'd get digging! I'd be so happy to find a new spot with bottles like that lying around.

OP
OP
M_d_in_guy

M_d_in_guy

Jan 12, 2015
Jasper, Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATGOLD
Garrett pro pointer
Fiskars digger
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks NJK, yes small world isn't it. Ty for the info, where are you in Ontario, I'm about 40 minutes north of Kingston. Some excellent history in these parts.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem! Someone else might still chime in and tell you a little more about it.

I'm in Southwestern Ontario, a couple hours west of Niagara Falls, lots of great history here too!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice slick med it has some age to it , with that applied top I would say 1860s to 1880

OP
OP
M_d_in_guy

M_d_in_guy

Jan 12, 2015
Jasper, Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATGOLD
Garrett pro pointer
Fiskars digger
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks RelicDude, yeah I really like this one.
This site was church, all stone and built in the late 1700's, the whole area is back to the wild, about 80% of the stone walls are still in place, the grounds are pretty filled with so many nails and iron clutter. No coins found yet but I been doing more visual and surface digs here so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread