Nice steelie find...

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
hey guys
dumped at the local td bank today. As i was finishing up a reached into the tray to grab whatever foreign coins where stuck to the magnet. To my suprise my hand was loaded with 6.00 and canadian's. But the real cool part was all the steelies. Got 14 good condition steelies out of the magnet. I then had the teller open the machine, and on the magnet inside there was a few more foriegn and 5 more steelies.
I was happy to say the least

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Keith,

Nice find ! You ever think of getting one of those ryedale machines? Steve and I were thinking about it.

HH

Rich

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Rich Hartford said:
Keith,

Nice find ! You ever think of getting one of those ryedale machines? Steve and I were thinking about it.

HH

Rich

Get one- you won't regret it!

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
hey guys
dumped at the local td bank today. As i was finishing up a reached into the tray to grab whatever foreign coins where stuck to the magnet. To my suprise my hand was loaded with 6.00 and canadian's. But the real cool part was all the steelies. Got 14 good condition steelies out of the magnet. I then had the teller open the machine, and on the magnet inside there was a few more foriegn and 5 more steelies.
I was happy to say the least

I do that at every TD I go to. Once I got 23 steelies off the magnet. I get at least one a week. Over the last year and a half I've gotten about four rolls of them.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
I have one steelie, very jealous

where is this magnet? I want to go to a TD bank just to hunt it

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are two. one is in the 'filter'. it's inside the stainless steel thing you pour the change into. if you lift it out of the counter, look in the end and you'll see it. there is another one inside the machine as a backup. you can't get to that one unless an employee does it.

be aware that some branches frown on you pulling out the filter and will tell you that they are required to keep all the stuff and send it back to the coin courier company to be returned to the country it came from(pure BS, most places throw it all away). I came across one branch that kept a cloth bag in the machine for all the junk. an employee was collecting it but when he was transferred they just tossed the whole bag in the trash.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
pulling out the filter? are these cummings coin counters you are talking about? i will look for one next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions