nice yard sale find from Lycoming Co Pa

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
I went out to a few yard sales this morning and was going to drive on at one but something nagged me to get out and I found this mixing bowl( guess thats what they are called) the woman told me her uncle
found it on the river here near Williamsport Pa in the early 1900's as he would walk the banks and the other stuff he found he put in cases and it is on display at the local musem. I got the 2 peices on the pic here for the wopping sum of $2.00 and I sure wass smileing as I got back to the car.

it was found by the river on a know site for native Americans from what I was told.

Attachments

• PA300049.JPG
    PA300049.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 588
  • PA300050.JPG
    PA300050.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 512
  • PA300051.JPG
    PA300051.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 521
Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Grisley - I'll take a shot at this, though I'm as far from an expert as they come. You appear to have an iron concretion. They're routinely found in 'bowl' shapes but the one you have is the largest one I've ever seen. Is it an artifact? Maybe. They're called lots of things and occassionally found on Indian sites. The one you have has some indications of wear/use in the center. I have no idea what caused the wear. If it was found on an Indian site I'd have little trouble believing it was used as a bowl or in some other capacity. Wish I had more to offer. Either way for $2 it's a cool find.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir that is way cool. I have never seen anything like that. I trust Twitch and his opinions though :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread