Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a couple TV shows yesterday about Nick Wallenda the great-grandson of Karl Wallenda. In one show Nick and his Mother walk a tightwire from opposite directions, the same place in Puerto Rico where Karl Wallenda fell to his death. As they met in the middle, his Mother sat down on the tightwire and Nick stepped over her then she had to stand up again and continue. I just felt such a rapport with them. It was their rock solid confidence in their skill. Just reminded me so much of using my Revelation Locator Rod I almost feel like I am a tightrope walker. But I think I'll stick with the locating, thank you.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe my twenty years of hang gliding and then paragliding have something to do with it. But I know it has to do with my daily practice. I've read books on nugget hunting talking about how important confidence is. It's right there number one. Same with locating. It is easy to let doubt control you. When you do, you might as well quit.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Art, I don't usually bother clicking on links you provide. Not out of fear that I might disagree with them (that can be pretty darn entertaining), but because they're usually minimum 99% irrelevant. Spam.

But hey, I got tempted in a weak moment and checked those reddies out. Pretty darn good "read the advertisement!" material! Anyone who after reading those links still wants a Rev Rod, as far as I'm concerned it's "Mike, your turn!" time, clean 'em out, teach 'em firsthand what Charles Darwin was talking about.

Not that the Rev Rod is in the Mineoro category where it costs you thousands of dollars and it's basically useless for dowsing. Nope, Mike brags that it's got good bearings, and last time I checked it was in the $200-300 range (he can correct me if I'm wrong about that) which is pretty steep for a dowsing rod but cheap by LRL standards although it's not quite an LRL by most definitions thereof. So my "they're yours now, Mike" attitude doesn't carry nearly the ammo that the same attitude carries with for instance Mineoro.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey woof...Thanks ...I am learning so much more about the Rev Rod....Mike does not need to advertize
as you keep pitching his devices....Just a reminder that there is still @ 6 months before the LRL Salesman of the year is announced. Keep up the good work...Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Revelation Locator Rod is not the end of the world. It is a bit too sensitive for most people. If you hold it upside down it is a bit de-tuned. You need to tilt the rod tip down a bit in this configuration. I turn down about half the people who want one when I read what kind of questions they ask. Besides, it takes me too much time to build them for the small price I charge. I know most people do not believe me when I say I could make more money per hour by working at McDonald's, but it's the truth. And that does not take into account the untold hours and expenses I spent developing it. I also do not think people believe me when I say it is a gift to the locating community. Hey, I tried. Like that one George Strait song "I can't even give it away."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions