Nickels and more

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
Went through 100 in cwr/brink wrapped nickels today and found 45 pre-60 nickels. About midway through the cwr i come across a roll that feels like its short, and think to myself oh well and dump the roll across the table. I see a big 'P' on the back and think sweet a War Nick! Then I see another and another and I start getting really excited! As I'm scrambling to find the War Nicks I see a Buffalo staring at me and my heart skipped a beat! This turned out to be my best nickel roll yet! Here's the take from that roll:

Buffaloes:

1920-1
1925-1
1930-1
1936 'S'-1
No Date 'D'-2

War Nickels:

1943P-4
1944P-2
1945P-5
1943S-1

Jefferson's:

38-59-22

Now to the more part lol. My birthday was yesterday so as a gift my grandpa brought me various coins from all over the country like Germany, Yugoslavia, etc. But the best ones were coins he pulled out of circulation himself in the 1950s in Britain. The coins are an 1881 half penny, an 1885 half penny, an 1885 penny, and an 1891 penny. Grandparents are awesome!

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
quick-silver said:
Went through 100 in cwr/brink

my grandpa brought me various coins from all over the country like Germany, Yugoslavia, etc. But the best ones were coins he pulled out of circulation himself in the 1950s in Britain. The coins are an 1881 half penny, an 1885 half penny, an 1885 penny, and an 1891 penny. Grandparents are awesome!

Nice score on the Nicks.... But I think you Mean CWI / Brinks

Now to the more part lol...... ? oh and Happy birthday But.....

I think you may be coinfused though Because Germany, Yugoslavia and Britain Are other country's around the WORLD.

And Yes Grandparents are awesome!

Grandpa Mojo

OP
OP
quick-silver

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
coinmojo said:
quick-silver said:
Went through 100 in cwr/brink

my grandpa brought me various coins from all over the country like Germany, Yugoslavia, etc. But the best ones were coins he pulled out of circulation himself in the 1950s in Britain. The coins are an 1881 half penny, an 1885 half penny, an 1885 penny, and an 1891 penny. Grandparents are awesome!

Nice score on the Nicks.... But I think you Mean CWI / Brinks

Now to the more part lol...... ? oh and Happy birthday But.....

I think you may be coinfused though Because Germany, Yugoslavia and Britain Are other country's around the WORLD.

And Yes Grandparents are awesome!

Grandpa Mojo

My mistake Mojo i meant all over the world and as for the nickels they were Customer Wrapped Rolls(CWR)/Brinks lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread