Nickels are good to me

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
I get a box of nickels every friday, and they never let me down. Only once have I not found a buffalo or V nickel in my boxes, and that doesn't change today. 3 boxes in a row have produced a V and buffaloes, and Today I got buffalo #4 which is unfortunately the first no date I got. Doesn't matter though, a buffalo is a buffalo. Along with that I got two war nickels and a 79s proof. Good day I guess. Did a box of pennies too, and got 17 wheats, 3 being a 1920, 24, and 29.

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as boxes of coins go, I think that nickels are my favorite. I've been too busy to CRH much lately, as the weather turned nice, and I was able to help my father-in-law do some farming to catch up. I did get a day off though, and had to buy a box of nickels. I got another dateless buffalo and a war nickel. I think it was my 12th buffalo for the year, and 30somethingth war nickel. My year end goal is to complete a Whitman book of '38-'61 Jefferson nickels. The tough ones that I lack are the '50D and '38D and '38S. I still lack '44S and '45D war nickels as well. Actually, I think that's all I lack.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kantuckkeean said:
As far as boxes of coins go, I think that nickels are my favorite. I've been too busy to CRH much lately, as the weather turned nice, and I was able to help my father-in-law do some farming to catch up. I did get a day off though, and had to buy a box of nickels. I got another dateless buffalo and a war nickel. I think it was my 12th buffalo for the year, and 30somethingth war nickel. My year end goal is to complete a Whitman book of '38-'61 Jefferson nickels. The tough ones that I lack are the '50D and '38D and '38S. I still lack '44S and '45D war nickels as well. Actually, I think that's all I lack.

Hey your back Kantuckkeean, wondered what happened to you. Any good finds while you were gone?

Congrats on the buffs. Always love getting those. And V's are just as good of a thrill.

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Congrats, That is a nice mixture of nickels. I am most impressed with the 1979-S proof. I once posted a thread a while back asking if people ever found impaired proof nickels and it seemed as nobody really had. Your 1979-S has two types one with a filled S and one that is clear. Nice Finds! :thumbsup:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvereagle78 said:
Congrats, That is a nice mixture of nickels. I am most impressed with the 1979-S proof. I once posted a thread a while back asking if people ever found impaired proof nickels and it seemed as nobody really had. Your 1979-S has two types one with a filled S and one that is clear. Nice Finds! :thumbsup:

I find quite a few impaired proof nickels. I use them in my book most of the time. Most are in great shape for being over 40 years old.

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
AGCoinHunter said:
silvereagle78 said:

I find quite a few impaired proof nickels. I use them in my book most of the time. Most are in great shape for being over 40 years old.

Wow, I haven't found any yet and I have went through quite a few nickels, I am looking for them for my book as well, If you ever get any doubles let me know. I have all those (S) holes in my album :thumbsup:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm back, sort of. I'm still reading every post and the replies, but I don't have much time for hunting. The only time I see banks are at 5am and 8pm, so I can't get in to buy any coins. I haven't found much lately, since I've been working so much, but I'm very happy to be working. I've been running the combine, hauling corn, doing mechanic work when stuff breaks and working in a machine shop in the mornings. So life is good, and the only downside is that I can't CRH.

I still like reading about everyone's finds, and will post when I get some time for CRHing. As for the buffalos, I only started CRHing in June, and really pounded nickels for a while (around 8 boxes/week for several weeks straight). I've found 4 impaired proof nickels since starting. All are newer, and don't have a place in my Whitman. I've only gotten the one V nickel, but my wife pulled our second from a bag of reject stuff that a kind teller gave me. It's a worn 1912 and has a mintmark, but I'm not sure whether or not to Nic-a-date it to see if it's the rare one. What do you all think?

Anyways, keep on hunting and good luck!! I can still live vicariously through everyone else's finds.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
BurnedSpy

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
silvereagle78 said:

Thanks. I also found a 73s proof too. The 79 is a filled s by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread