nickels from someones collection

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
nickels from someone's collection

Saturday I picked up $22 of CWR nickels from a bank that rarely produces. Normally when I pick up CWR nickels I expect to find some older Jeffersons or maybe a war nickel but I got pretty excited after opening the first roll. The first roll produced 3 war nickels. None of the nickels were newer than 1965. The next roll had 9 war nickels and a dateless buffalo. In total I ended up with 43 war nickels and a dateless buffalo. I also found about 6 dollars in pre-1960 nickels but nothing really worth anything. Of the 11 rolls 8 rolls were the 1965 and back nickels. I picked up all the CWR nickels the bank had but I'm going back on Friday to see if anyone turned in anymore nickels during the week. IMG_0239.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
unclehuckelberry

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I forgot to post totals.

1942 P Jefferson

1942 S Jefferson1
1943 P Jefferson19
1943 S Jefferson2
1944 P Jefferson8
1944 S Jefferson1
1945 P Jefferson6
1945 D Jefferson3

Dateless Buffalo

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd see if they had dimes, quarters and halves as well

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday I picked up $22 of CWR nickels from a bank that rarely produces. Normally when I pick up CWR nickels I expect to find some older Jeffersons or maybe a war nickel but I got pretty excited after opening the first roll. The first roll produced 3 war nickels. None of the nickels were newer than 1965. The next roll had 9 war nickels and a dateless buffalo. In total I ended up with 43 war nickels and a dateless buffalo. I also found about 6 dollars in pre-1960 nickels but nothing really worth anything. Of the 11 rolls 8 rolls were the 1965 and back nickels. I picked up all the CWR nickels the bank had but I'm going back on Friday to see if anyone turned in anymore nickels during the week. View attachment 777913

Ask for other coins they turned in as well!!!

OP
OP
unclehuckelberry

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked for dimes, halves, and large dollars but all they had was nickels. I don't usually buy CWR quarters since they never really produce. I've found one silver quarter out of a box and one out of a teller tray in the last year.

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
off topic, and nice score, but I wanna know why we call them Buffalo Nickels

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The reverse of the coin has an American Bison, or buffalo, pictured on it. The obverse is the Indian.

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea exactly. its a bison. buffalo live in africa and asia. we have bison. the wild west had bison.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
off topic, and nice score, but I wanna know why we call them Buffalo Nickels

Because they've been called buffalo nickels for a century. Nobody its going to start calling them bison nickels to appease a semantics Nazi (purposesful hyperbole, I know your not a Nazi).. I mean they almost look identical anyways so who cares. .

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked for dimes, halves, and large dollars but all they had was nickels. I don't usually buy CWR quarters since they never really produce. I've found one silver quarter out of a box and one out of a teller tray in the last year.

If they were from this guy, they could produce.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like war nicks I have only found one and a half rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread