Nickels pennies, and dimes, old bill. Funny story, and a first!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Went through 12 rolls of nickels and 12 rolls of pennies. Found the following.... (also did 2 rolls of dimes)

STORY: At one of the banks i went to there was a new teller. I asked her if i could exchange some rolls of pennies and she said sure. So i gave her 12 rolls and she said they didnt look full. I said "there full, but you can open one if you want". So she opens one and counts the pennies, and there are in fact 50. What a surprise. She said that she has to check because sometimes customers get rolls with less and they call the bank. So i take the new penny rolls and leave. When i got home i pull out a roll. Its realy short, like 3/4 of an inch too short. So i opern it up and notice something. On the side of the wrapper in pen was written "needs 10". I was pretty annoyed. I called the bank and let them know, they appologized. :D Give me a break.

I also found an uncirculated 1977 $10 bill.

TOTALS:

PENNIES:
172 coppers
One roll short 10 pennies
2 wheats (1944, 1957)

NICKELS:
1940 (2)
1938 FIRST!

DIMES:
Nothing.

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND HH!

-CC

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you were buying your rolls you should have opened them up and done the same thing and told her you have the same problem with short rolls. Turn the tables baby! :D Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Lol! Good idea! I think they got the picture though.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!

-CC

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty funny, CC, good job too

HH