glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live at my current location for about 35 years .About 20 years ago I planted some pecan trees and some persimmon trees The persimmon trees are covered with fruit this year Since I have over the years seen some real nice buck I sometimes put up a trail camera With the rut approaching the deer will be traveling more On the first night the camera was in place I got this guy I am not surprised but I had never gotten a picture of a coon
I__00299coon jump.JPG
0299 coon up.JPG
on my property before

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
'Coons are cool...just don't let 'em wreck the place..:laughing7:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Coons are cool...just don't let 'em wreck the place..:laughing7:
Oh man, I used to live back in the woods and one day I came home to find my place trashed. Fridge open and food strewn around, toilet paper all over the house, curtains torn down. Dang coon had chewed through the cheap paperboard ceiling and fell in from the tiny crawlspace/attic and was still in the bedroom. Grabbed a .22 and opened the door and windows in the other room and shortly thereafter he climbed out a window. Place was trashed!! Didn't use the .22, just had it until I got the windows open and myself outside.

GLF, your camera got great pics!!

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh man, I used to live back in the woods and one day I came home to find my place trashed. Fridge open and food strewn around, toilet paper all over the house, curtains torn down. Dang coon had chewed through the cheap paperboard ceiling and fell in from the tiny crawlspace/attic and was still in the bedroom. Grabbed a .22 and opened the door and windows in the other room and shrtly thereafter he climbed out a window. Place was trashed!! Didn't use the .22, just had it until I got the windows open and myself outside.

GLF, your camera got great pics!!
You're too kind.
I wouldn't of been, even though I like critters.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great photos, liking the quality.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddly they haven't invaded my grapes so far this year.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oddly they haven't invaded my grapes so far this year.
I got a Porcupine in the raspberries patch it seems now.
Coon ate 50 qrts of strawberries early summer.
Got to love the bugs, birds, and critters eating one's food.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They raise heck with my grain bins and poop all over my square bales. Many years ago i came in my barn at night and found one eating a little kitten . That was the last draw :( I know hate them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread