Night beach hunt, not an abundance of targets but I got one I wanted! 10K with ICE!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four hours at the beach last night and not a whole lot of targets compared to how it has been and there is a bit more sand since I last hunted there. I was going to bag it after about 6 blocks of nothing but decided to stick it out a while longer in the hopes of finding something good. I didn't have to wait too long.........Got a nice solid 12.03 while at the bottom of the slope in the wash. I thought maybe a small .22 bullet or similar but when I looked in the scoop there was a nice little mini-berg! Ring is 10K and weighs 3.1 grams. It has 50 small little diamonds all around it and 7 baguette cut ones in the center parts (all test real) . Looks like an older style Art-Deco type of design. I also got a 1956 D wheat and possibly an old pewter button but it needs some cleaning to tell for sure. Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

DSC_3223.JPG DSC_3227.JPG DSC_3228.JPG DSC_3234.JPG DSC_3235.JPG DSC_3236.JPG DSC_3244.JPG DSC_3238.JPG DSC_3246.JPG DSC_3247.JPG DSC_3249.JPG Doc Beav 2015 Gold Ring #19.JPG

Upvote 11

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a super nice ring!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a really a beautiful looking piece of jewellery, always liked the Art Deco style-pure class. Congrats on the keeper!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG Doc!! Beautiful ring.. Seems in the last few years the Art Deco design has gained popularity so it could be more modern then it looks. Any kind of makers mark?

Be Safe...Water was ruff up here yesterday so I know you guys had to be fighting it also! Go get us some more!!

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't found a ton of rings, but I am kinda surprised at the weight, is it a child's ring?

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks buddy! Yeah, I have seen more people wearing them these days as well. it has the letter M in a circle as the maker's mark. Gonna look it up now and see if I can find it. Good luck with the rough water!

WTG Doc!! Beautiful ring.. Seems in the last few years the Art Deco design has gained popularity so it could be more modern then it looks. Any kind of makers mark?

Be Safe...Water was ruff up here yesterday so I know you guys had to be fighting it also! Go get us some more!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Having bought the wife an Art Deco wedding ring the band was a lot thinner and not from just wear it was just styled that way.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold and diamonds....that will make anyone's day! Good job Doc and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it's a ladies ring but it isn't solid behind the filigree parts or the stones, it's kinda scooped out in the back.

haven't found a ton of rings, but I am kinda surprised at the weight, is it a child's ring?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread