Night Fishing Again

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
I did not plan on going dirt fishing again last night but as I sat watching TV at 1:30 AM, I started thinking about that volleyball field again, so I jumped in the car and headed over to the park. I ran over the volleyball courts again and came up empty just a couple pieces of trash.

I almost called it a night, but I decided to hunt the playground again that I had just been to a few days earlier. The hunt started off slow, but soon the coins started popping up and just when I was about ready to call it quits I found an engraved heart pendant that has some heft to it. I'm not sure what it is as it's not marked, but it looks to be silver, I'm not sure as the elephant I found looks silver too, but it was marked 18K. So who knows?

I found a stone that when I dug it, I thought it was something from a ring, but after cleaning it up I don't think it's anything special.

This is the finds for the evening, 2 hours worth of late night hunting.

IMG_3507.JPG
IMG_3508.JPG

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg ...lol I think we have created a monster

OP
OP
BareBones

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tank69 said:
:icon_thumright: wtg ...lol I think we have created a monster

Yes Hi, my name is BareBones and I'm a dirt fishing addict! :laughing7:

It's turning into the best exercise I've got in a while. I come home soaking wet in sweat and my legs are starting to really feel the burn from all the squats.

I still am not sure what the heart is made out of, but it is heavy for it's size. I showed it to my wife the resident jewelry expert and she thought it would be odd for someone to have gone to the trouble to have a silver heart engraved on two sides, so she thought it might be gold.

I forgot to mention the little rock in the pic. I have no idea what it is, but it does make the detector sound off. We don't have any minerals here in south Florida, just coral so I have no idea what it could be.

I'm giving it a rest tonight, no fishing. I had to get some emergency sleep earlier as I have been entertaining company the last two days and I was exhausted.

With some luck I think I will try and make it to the beach either tomorrow or the next day and see if I can find some Labor day gold!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very nice finds. Your parks don't close at dusk. The parks around here close like 9pm you are not allow in them after that time......Matt

OP
OP
BareBones

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Most of the local parks are closed after dark and some do close their gates (those would be off limits), if the gate to the parking lot is open or not gated, I'll drive in.

I did have one officer stop and ask me if I had found anything good the other night, I guess it was a slow night and he was bored.

He did say that the park is supposed to be closed but that I was not hurting anything so I could stay. I probably had 2 other officers stop by and shine their spot lights on me and once they saw what I was doing they just drive off.

It's not like I'm a vandal and I am doing more of a public service by picking up the trash that the park staff does not even collect or misses. I do sometimes see other people using the park too at off hours like a woman who came to go jogging at 3:30 AM the other night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread