nighthuntimgthe beaches tobeat the heat- its not cooling off till about 8 pm locally

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the heats a real killer here in Florida folks -- I highly recommend night hunting the beaches during the peak "hot months"--since its so much cooler at night --no direct sun heating you to death and burning your skin to a crisp ---if you must day hunt cover those ears with zinc cream --too many friends of mine had to get the tips of their ears "bobbed" due to skin cancer and please be sure to drink fluids -- G2 is low sugar but still has the electrolites you need in the heat ..if you feel any weakness or dizziness --for pete;s sake --stop --get into the shade or better yet into A/C -- and watch out for those sudden summer "pop up" outta nowhere lightening storms (sadly Florida is #1 in lightening deaths ) good luck and god bless--Ivan

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan your oh so right. I try and alternate between the dry sand and getting in the water here in the keys. I know you cant get in the water with a metal detector on the treasure coast, but thers nothing stopping any one from putting the machine down and taking a dip without it. It is pretty nice at night just need a head light. Any way drink the g-2 and happy hunting everyone. Great advice ivan.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to pack at night.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably less crowded, not so many people in your way.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bum luck --"blaster charge" ..don't leave home without it .....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread