Nighthunting again!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Last time out I found those silver rings, so didn't expect to find anything good this time, but still managed to dig up something nice... 8)

So I headed to a small pond beach with my friend last night, and man that place was loaded with trash! Third plug got me a ring, and I thought it was silver, but turned out to be junk. :'(

Oh well, after a little while I got a good signal, dug a deep hole, and unearthed a silver 1 markka coin from 1966! And I tell you, here in Finland those coins are hard to find. Only 35% of silver though, but made just from 64 to 66, being the last silver coins ever minted.

Anyway, I was happy dancing, and already filling the hole when something told me to re-check it. And to my surprise, it rang like it did with the coin I just found. I dug it open again, and out popped another silver markka coin, 1966 this time! I was like :o because I have just dug two of those coins before, and now I found two in the same hole! Also found two 5 penny coins in that hole before it was empty with signals.

So I would say the hunt was great! Only downside was three teenage girls asking stupid questions for a while, but thank God they finally got bored and left us alone again. I don't think I even need to explain how irritating young girls can be...

€2.80 ($3.93) this time + useless pennies and a huge pile of trash.

Attachments

• Ring in the plug.jpg
    Ring in the plug.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 559
  • Two silver coins.jpg
    Two silver coins.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 560
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 561
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 568
Upvote 0

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Great finds. I found a 1966 several years ago here in Illinois and never took the time to research it. thanks for the information and good luck!

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum
suppose it depends how young they were, i might have enjoyed being
bothered by a couple teenage women (or any woman) that is, as it
doesn't happen much :D

nice finds on the coins, don't think I've ever seen a Finnish one before

OP
OP
Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Thanks everyone! :)

CowboyKolo said:

I would guess they were something like 13-15 years old, asking questions like "did you find that car of yours underground?" and "Are you playing golf or what?" and "If you find a gold ring, you have to give it to me or else I call the police" :icon_scratch:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg nice finds

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum
Paul4x4 said:
Thanks everyone! :)

CowboyKolo said:

Yeahhhhh....in that case I'd call it being bothered too lol

I would guess they were something like 13-15 years old, asking questions like "did you find that car of yours underground?" and "Are you playing golf or what?" and "If you find a gold ring, you have to give it to me or else I call the police" :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread