Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
My first try in crw did not do me well .. I got $500.00 in halves..$100.00 in quarters ..$100.00 in dimes and as a after thought $20.00 in nickles......... Well no beginners luck here i got as you here say skunked... I got nothing good not one good coin...... I am thinking i can make better finds with my metal detector...................

Upvote 0

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on the number of halves, you most likely picked up a dump. As far as the others, it just wasn't a large enough sample. I guess not everyone gets beginner's luck. Also, I see you live in NE Ohio. So do I! I don't think I've seen someone on TNet who lives so close to me.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
My first try in crw did not do me well .. I got $500.00 in halves..$100.00 in quarters ..$100.00 in dimes and as a after thought $20.00 in nickles......... Well no beginners luck here i got as you here say skunked... I got nothing good not one good coin...... I am thinking i can make better finds with my metal detector...................

Dawg were they silver extracted boxes?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on the number of halves, you most likely picked up a dump. As far as the others, it just wasn't a large enough sample. I guess not everyone gets beginner's luck. Also, I see you live in NE Ohio. So do I! I don't think I've seen someone on TNet who lives so close to me.
... I am up here in Ashtabula county Ohio.........

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna need a phonetic spelling on those cities if you want others to follow.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gonna need a phonetic spelling on those cities if you want others to follow.[/QUOTE....................................That is the Ohio names of the 2 counties.. When i first moved here they sound funny to me even weird......

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
....... How would i know ... Are they marked as so....... they were all CWR rolls..........

Yeah dawg those cwr are the worst most likely some dudes dumps inside

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
..... What would i ask for so i would not get them would that be a box . Is that the only rolls that are not cwr ?

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
..... What would i ask for so i would not get them would that be a box . Is that the only rolls that are not cwr ?

Yeah dawg it's either machine rolls, customer rolls or just plain o lose homie

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
yo, keppy, what I've been doin to find extra silver is finding the soda-pop machines that accept dollar bills, I press the reject button, and it will give me change for it without spending anything. i got one silva quarter out after $40 in change or so at one machine.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:
yo, keppy, what I've been doin to find extra silver is finding the soda-pop machines that accept dollar bills, I press the reject button, and it will give me change for it without spending anything. i got one silva quarter out after $40 in change or so at one machine.

Dawg I'm gonna skip class and try this all day at school at each vending machine. Lots of hungry idiots at school

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well 50cent i might as well spend a 1/2 hour in front of a soda machine see what happens .. To cold to spend the day out detecting..

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:
especially college, cause they got lots of the chingity-ching-silva

Yeah they be buyin that roman from the vending machines cause' they know the struggle

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:

I would still take all the halves the bank has even if they are from a box, if you have the bankroll for it. Sometimes I'll find a stray 40% in these rolls. My very first coin roll hunt, I bought $100 in halves. 9 rolls were from a box because it was someone's dump bank. The 10th roll was a brown customer wrapped roll and it had 3 90%s and 11 40%s just in the one roll. I kept going back to that bank and asking if they had anymore halves with brown paper, but they didn't have anymore.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? That's laughable. I've had my best luck with CWR's over the years. Those are the ones you have the best chance of finding silver. Think about why that may be.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread