no copper or silver Just zinc, clad, and Gold

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Well i've been on TN for about one and a half months now and finally have a find I feel is worth listing. I know it's not much but I'm sure feeling like I found the best I could hope to find.

MDing the chips at a local school yard, playground. I got a chirp under the monkey bars that usually mean steel. I found a 10cent piece from Aruba Sunday with just that sound. Grabbed a handfull of chips and ran them over the coil of my White's Classic ID, loud chirp. started dropping the chips on my trowl and suddenly there is this beautiful gold chain. First thought is "it must be clad" in the pocket it goes. 94 cents in clad later it's getting dark and I head home.

Wife asks if we are millionairs, nope I said "just quarterairs" go to my den and empty my pockets. I check the back of the medalion, just what I thought no mark. Then I look at the clasp that hold the chain to the medalion. 14k m Well I don't know if that means it's real gold or not but I will still think of it as my first.

Too bad I don't fell I can keep it. I will go by the school tomarrow on the way to work and leave it at the office. I just know some little girl is broken hearted tonight. I'll leave my name and number with it.

The Canadian 2 dollar coin gave me a cent/dime reading. Ok all you MDers north of the border, you could have told us about this little trick, how many pennies have we passed up that wern't? lolol.

Well now for the fun I will try to attache the scans I made of my finds. I left the clad out cause I hope we all know what they look like. I love this hobby. HH Stan...

OK Maybe I don't deserve the A+ behind my name. I will try to come back and add the pictures when I figure out how to make my scans smaller, I'm sure 8meg each is a bit too much. HH Stan...

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wouldn't worry about giving it back. The necklace could have been there for years, and if no one claims it, then it is just taken by the office. There is but a slim chance the girl is still there and checks regulary for her necklace. It also can be from a visitor. What i'm trying to say is there a very slim chance the owner will get it back. You probably turned it in al ready, but consider the above next time.

HH
-GC

OP
OP
snorton750

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Ok, time for a quick update. No one at the school this morning as I went by, so I called the admin office on my lunch break. Talked to a lady named Ann. Told her I lived nearby and used a metal detector on the schoolgrounds every once in a while. Then said I had found a necklace last night. She said "gold". I said yes. She said with a medalion on it. I said yes. She said the little girl had been to the office everyday this week asking if it had been turned in. Well my path was set. Tomarrow I drop it off in an envelope with my business card. Ann said she will see that it gets to the girl monday,, no school tomarrow. How much better could I feel about this? I know she will be glad to get it back it is her baptismal necklace.

I still found my first gold and this girl got her necklase back. GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY.\ well I failed to get the pictures small enough to upload. shrunk it to just the medalion. I guess it wasn't ment to be. So, back to lurking. Stan...

HH Stan...

OP
OP
snorton750

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Okay I think I figured out how to make the files small enough Here comes.

Attachments

• scan0002.JPG
    scan0002.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 566
  • scan0001.JPG
    scan0001.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 586

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Snort... we're proud of you!!! Great find. Wonderful return. You're a keeper! :-*

Noodle

OP
OP
snorton750

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Time to put a cap on it. I called the school today at lunch,(monday) and talked to Ann. She told me that the necklace had been given to the girl and that she was estatic (sp?). funny thing. I lost the first gold I found MDing, why do I feel so good? Stan...

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because you know you how that little girl felt when she got her necklace back. Thats why you feel so dang good!!! This world needs more people like you!! keep at it and eventually you will find gold that you can keep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread