Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of old houses abandoned squatter homes now shooting galleries I mean that two ways gotta carry the sig !!!!!!!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watched a few videos from a you tube channel called camera crusaders.
Focuses on a neighborhood in Detroit. Looks like a great place to detect some old yards.
Looks like the banks own a good percentage of the properties.
Anybody detect there? I’d be packing heat if I did.

They will shoot you for your shoes or glasses, or just becouse! Nothing there worth all the problems you would be in for! Hell they could get $20 for your detector at the pawn shop.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detroit can be just as bad as Chicago,, if you're in the wrong hood. Then again,, NYC had some rough areas.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thing....if you watch any of this guys videos, he confronts many people in a very aggressive way and all of them submit to his orders. Funny thing is - if a person was to do that in my rural area, there would be a much different outcome. You never know how someone will react.

Thousands of abandoned houses and many torn down. Looks like a real $hit hole. Used to be a prosperous area. Lots of silver change probably lost in those yards.

Last edited:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not worth it in my opinion.

Potential for a lot of great finds, but wouldn't think of doing it with out a large group that is heavily armed. It's a shame but that's how it is.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up at 6 in Gratiot until 5th grade. On a visit back from Cali 3 years ago I visited the area. Very few homes left so it would be easy hunting.....except it's not safe....at all. My brother in law who is LE near the area said crime is out of control.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up at 6 in Gratiot until 5th grade. On a visit back from Cali 3 years ago I visited the area. Very few homes left so it would be easy hunting.....except it's not safe....at all. My brother in law who is LE near the area said crime is out of control.

Every news cast starts with a shooting or carjacking. I wouldnt hunt it if you told me there were gold bars buried there. You cant even stop at a gas station.......your done!!

pghmole

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2012
S.w. pa
Detector(s) used
CTX,E Trac,Equinox 800,Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fochnut channel is great!been watching him for a while!good guy!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Last I was in Detroit, it looked like I was following the Serb army, very scary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread