no end in site!

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was watching the weather this morning.Apparently someone didn't get my request for one decent day in march.I got to be reminded that two years ago today it was 83° Now todays temperature is going to top off at 40° Which I could deal with except for the 16"of snow.Oh well it could be worse.The high temp for this day in1986 was 2° Not bad an 85° temp swing.....mjm

Upvote 0
....wow...sorry...where are you...Alaska? But I guess it's "Maine"? It was almost 80 here today! Really? 16 inches? :sad10:

Well I was watching the weather this morning.Apparently someone didn't get my request for one decent day in march.I got to be reminded that two years ago today it was 83° Now todays temperature is going to top off at 40° Which I could deal with except for the 16"of snow.Oh well it could be worse.The high temp for this day in1986 was 2° Not bad an 85° temp swing.....mjm

Our snow is gone, for now anyway, but we are still experiencing some dang cold temps too. I feel your pain mjm.

I just want to thank you for reminding me why I left NH where I lived for 50+ years and moved to Tennessee... Mid 60s here with a slight chance of an inch or so of snow one day next week but if we do get any it will be gone by noon the same day. Buttt... here in the foothills of the Smoky mountains our Summers are no hotter than New Hampshire.

Last edited:
Our snow is gone, for now anyway, but we are still experiencing some dang cold temps too. I feel your pain mjm.

now here on saturday morning going into the 3rd day of spring we wake up to dang chill factor of -4 below zero

mjm, looks like another coastal storm for New England next Tues-Wed. And some are saying the US will have the coldest Spring in 50 years.

Well great it will go nicely with the 3-6" we are supposed to get today.Well I better go sharpen my snow shovel...I know don't kill the messenger....but Charl can I just give ya a little kick....

Well great it will go nicely with the 3-6" we are supposed to get today.Well I better go sharpen my snow shovel...I know don't kill the messenger....but Charl can I just give ya a little kick....

No need. Just saw the European model prediction for next Wed. 5 inches for Maine, and 18 inches for me! Not fair, not fair! Lol....

Well well that is good news.I know last year I had found a few things by now.It will just make it all the sweeter when I get the chance.I've found a fellow hunter who can put up with me and I think my collection will be growing substantially.I'm wanting to expand my slate so I can put a frame together.....mjm

When you get your place all shoveled out mjm, come on down and start on mine would ya please? After your done we can swap horror stories bout the winter.

I'll be right down Mainer .Im getting pretty good at this.I don't even bother putting the shovel away.My snow blower passed on about mid-winter.Shes been sitting out in the yard frozen solid in the ice.I'll be glad when we are far along in spring .When it snows I can just say...ah just let her melt...mjm

Im afraid we ain't going to get a spring. Cold temps to 80 and plenty of mud. I don't know about you but I for 1 will be glad to swat a black fly.

Got to 70 today but I didnt get to enjoy it. I had to work all day. It will be in the 50s the rest of the week.

Looks like another storm coming.Were gonna share this one with you folks down south.Rock don't even know if you own any long johns but if you do you better bust them back out.....mjm

Looks like another storm coming.Were gonna share this one with you folks down south.Rock don't even know if you own any long johns but if you do you better bust them back out.....mjm

Full blown blizzard for Cape Cod. I'll start to worry a little more when the blizzards are still arriving in June.

When is it going to hit? I just watched the weather channel and they didnt say nothing but rain.

I just saw where it says it may get down in the twenties in the next few days.Don't know about snow....mjm

Yeah its been in the 30s at night and the mornings. I went yakking yesterday and it was cold. Just got to go sometimes anyway.

I used to live down in the Smyrna,Marietta area for a year.Seems I remember 50's and 60's and a lot of rain for this time of year....mjm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back