No glass but i found this...

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a very short hunt today and made my way down into a new area that i hadn't checked before. Found this.

image-191932721.png

Sorry, this is the only picture i got of this monster rattler. I hit at him with my shovel and he got pissed and headed toward me. When i saw just how big he was(about 5ft.) it sent chills down my back. I got a little closer and tried to slice him in half. I think i got him with the edge of my shovel and he slithered into a hole a couple feet away. I decided it was time to go home. I wear a pair of leather boots that come to my knees but after seeing this rattler i really believe he could have hit me in the thigh easily.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass ,sorry the glass eluded you , But am glad you didn't get bit ! But I bet he gave you the same rush as if you had found some good glass !

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa I would not want to walk up on that thing. Is that an eastern diamond back?The most dangerous things we have here are bears and moose but mostly bears.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Looks like a timber rattlesnake. Why would you go out of your way to hurt it? They have a role to play in nature. The vast majority of bites every year are to those who decided to mess with the snake.

mrmozambique13

Sep 10, 2014
Riverside,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites XL Pro with Black Max 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^^ Hippies use back door.^^^

I would have lobed that suckers head right off. They taste pretty good, and the skins are cool to mount up. My buddy almost got bit by a Mojave Red 70 miles away from civilization, didn't even give him a warning.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin got bit by one when we younger. We were playing in the woods and it bit him on the calf. He was in the hospital for quite some time. He never saw the snake until it bit him. About 75 yards from where i found this one there is a little red wagon and some toys laying around where some kids have been playing. Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those bad boys are on the move down here too! I've seen at least six live or dead ones this past week on the roadway. I guess it is just that time of the year? I agree that they are fair game if near a residence but safe if I'm in their home back up in the woods.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all my hikes out and about this year, the only rattler I have seen is the one in Uncle Ernie's garage and after a week in his bucket (he was hoping it would have babies) we took it out and turned it loose in a prairie dog town. As it landed on the ground Uncle Ernie says "Good Bye Little Buddy". I shall never forget this.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snakes are not bad , I've been digging for forty years and had a few slide by me as long a you don't provoke them they will not attack you. now ground wisps are another thing , right now copper heads are out down hear in Georgia there cureus critters and can be ageseve make a loud noes and they will scoot.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad we don't have them things around here,copperheads are enough.I usually just leave them alone,with my luck the day I kill one in the wood's, one will be sure to get me in the future.I'll kill them sometimes if they are too close to the house or there is a good chance it could get someone else.Man what a monster of a snake.Almost wonder if you could have made some good money off that thing?I don't know how in the hell one would go about catching though- Yikes.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
You should have wrastled him and put that verment in a choke hold. Snake bar his ass. Damit Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread