no gold just cold

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son talked me into going detecting, January 19th, 2013. Man the wind was blowing so hard, you could not keep your hat on. Even though the temp, was 57 it felt like 10. We have permission to tear down an old farm house, so we decided to detect it first. We found 3 dimes , 6 penny's one was 1940 whet back. I decided to go in the house to warm up. I am 65 years old and have been detecting for some time . I asked him if he ever looked for treasure in the old furnace vents. He looked surprised, and his answer was no. Well we took the old heat grates up and found 17 quarters, 23 dimes, 11 nickles and a hand full of penny's. Six dollars and twenty two cents one silver quarter.:coins::coins: He was really surprised and will always check old floor heat runs. Like i always say, treasure is where you least expect it to be!

Upvote 1

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a good idea to look in the old heat grates! Lots of stuff can fall down those things, especially if there are children in the house. :laughing9:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good call 62!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice. I know I got in all kinds of trouble for dropping things down the grate. I still remember the smell of melting crayons...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions