"No good ones in there"

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I had tellers tell (after asking if I was the guy that buys the halves...looks through them...returns them...and repeats) and telling me that some one brings in halves, and buys them every week so there would be nothing.
It was 8 rolls from their coin roller...first roll...18 40% halves. Rest of the rolls skunk other than a 1925 stone mt 90% com. half.
Great find though.

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys are lucky! what happened to me was that I spoke to a teller over the phone and asked if they had any halves..she said are you looking for silver ones? I have 5 coins right now and asked if I want them..i was thrilled and needless to say I drove as fast as I could to that bank...i got there in no time just to find out that not any single of those coins where any good..:BangHead: most tellers don't know anything about coins im telling you..

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple years back I bought a roll of 90% haves from a teller, they were a mix of Bens and Walkers...I paid her 10 x face, (she had collected them from rolls coming in). "Plain old silver halves", she told me. Checking dates, I came across a nice 1938D Walking...that one pretty much paid for the entire roll.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always take all the halves they are willing to sell me. You never know what you'll find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread