No hardrock left !

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herb, - sorry to hear about the corporate paper-hangers that have moved in. If you were 20 years younger, you could outlast em, knowing its just part of the boom and bust speculation that has been part of mining forever. Well, you've managed to deal with other obstacles, like the bees, the heat, etc. - hope you find a way around this too - good luck.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always was kinda bothered by the story, as we were actually in the red dog mine when her body was supposed to of been hidden there, and seen her clothing strewn about top side, when we returned topside, jboy had told us of a truck that been watching us from afar.

Do you understand why I bought that Barrett now? We're thinking it's the big boys here also. Arizona is getting some heavy rare earth metals exploration right now.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Yes,if you can't see the gold in the pan after crushing your samples it's basically a waste of time for a very small time operator.that is unless your dreaming of making a mine out of the area which takes many years of planning and permits,at least in California.Look for the veins and stringers throwing species and the occasional pocket.Of course a small time operation with one or two people who have their own viable claim and the money for the equipment can make a go of it.One has to be realistic about the gold business cost wise.If theres a million there and it cost two million to get out,wheres the gain,besides experience?Efficiantcy is the real name of the game.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
I guess you've read all the mining reports from your area of choice?..and surely you know that the gold goes in and out in a vein.The veins do pinch out in many areas.Most mines were closed for lack of funding/and or good continuous ore.It's an old common story.Buying equipment when there are no proven ore reserves.Sometimes side veins in a mining area were ignored because they showed values not good enough to mill ,but they may hold occasional enrichments.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I've seen, your dry washing technique sure seems productive Herb. Since a fat cat is pushing you off the hard rock diggins , what about upping the dry wash'n game and working the placer areas in the district?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread