No longer just the Chump...

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
change in my bag! Hit a target that I thought was going to be either a quarter or bottle cap (CDN rings low). Boom! My first gold ring!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476639304.639760.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476639325.844433.jpg

You can see the 14K but you have to excuse the focus on some of my pictures. It was dawn and rainy so the light was low. Here it is cleaned up. I can't tell if it's a girls ring (pretty big if it is) or a guys ring (with a pink birthstone?). What do you think?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476637925.365134.jpg

This was at a basketball pad so needless to say it was a clad factory. I've really been trying to work on my prying technique so when the F2 told me this target was shallow, I located it and popped it out. They must have stacked it in the dirt!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476637714.829812.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476637730.562528.jpg
All told it was $4.45 from that little tiny hole in one stack. Here's my collection for the day from the perimeter of 1/4 of this pad. I'm thinking the Diamond post is fake because it's big but it sparkles like crazy and doesn't have the usual junk mirror finish on the bottom. Cubic Z maybe?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476638084.490458.jpg

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's from the other 1/4 of the pad I did. Happened to have a Wheatie.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476638258.520912.jpg

I'm looking forward to going back for the other half! Thanks for checking it out.

DigToChina

Last edited:
Upvote 28
My first gold ring was from a basketball court also CONGRATS.

Wow, that ring is a beauty!

Looks like a lady's ring to me...

That works. Congrats on the gold

That color blue suggests Lapis lazuli...

As for the diamond post (possible). Get a real diamond next to it, and breath fog them both. If the one doesn't hold a fog, it's likely real.

Cheers,

Skippy

Thank you for the tip Skippy!

I tried it and it picked a fog vs. my wife's ring which had none at all. Is it an all or none type thing.

What's hilarious is the Lapis thing. When I got home with the ring and cleaned it, my 9 year old remarked that it looked like Lapis. I asked him what that was and he said "It's a rock that we can use in Minecraft." Minecraft! He based his guess on a video game without ever having seen actual Lapis and he maybe right, hahaha.

Thanks again for the knowledge!

DigToChina

MY GOODNESS WHAT A RING , WHAT A BEAUTY ...

Very nice! Glad you dug your first gold ring! :treasurechest::icon_thumright:

Man that's a nice ring, and I can relate to the minecraft/kid thing haha!

That's a beautiful ring! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha, that's good info Skippy. But now you've doomed yourself to me never going to the University of Google when I want to know something about stones. I'll just IM you instead! [emoji1]

Judging by the slight pitting, I agree--Lapis. -Lisa & John

You never forget your first one! Congratulations! :occasion14:

I'm glad you found your first gold great job practice on it youll see gold vdi s usually don't bounce around with the numbers more than 3 or 4 I'm happy for ya hope you find lots more Ill see you in China LOL Thanks for sharing your cool find hope to see lots more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back