tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I got up to this morning. Last week we had temps in the 70's and with the strong winds my arrowhead hunting area was dried up perfectly. I didn't find anything in the way of native artifacts other then and old clay pipe stem, so at least I could say I found something old. That's how it is in the Denver area winters. One week you could go fishing and get a tan and the next week you go back to waiting out the cold. Still I like to get out and wander in nature's world even on days like this, as things are much more quiet, unless you head out on the freeways. That's always a dangerous mess around here no matter what the weathers doing.

Attachments

• cold day 022316.jpg
    cold day 022316.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a clear day here, maybe we will get back up into the 40s again. I lost several trees last year in Feb. when it got up in the70s for about a week then we got a really cold spell. The warm temps caused the sap in the trees to start and then when the cold front came in it froze the sap and killed the trees. Have a good day!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We must be in the same weather pattern. No snow but rain and cold wind. I was getting a little concerned about no rain or snow. Do not need another drought.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a clear day here, maybe we will get back up into the 40s again. I lost several trees last year in Feb. when it got up in the70s for about a week then we got a really cold spell. The warm temps caused the sap in the trees to start and then when the cold front came in it froze the sap and killed the trees. Have a good day!
That happened to my grape vines, but last summer one came back out of the roots

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread