Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealer posted that the 800s were going to be discontinued? Hows everyone feel about that? Odd since the Xcal was designed and still is for diving. They apparently will still do repairs while supplies last. Not that it matters we cant just buy the 8" anyway. BUT..... with the Sov being discontinued who knows how long those or aftermarket supplies will last for BBS, which appears to have been phased out. Personally i still like BBS over FBS in the water. So i guess the moded one i have thanks to Joe i might have to keep in the closet.

Dew

Upvote 0

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, have asked to Minelab last feb if 800 versions where still available... NEGATIVE!

Anyway you can still buy a 1000 and order a 8" sovereign coil ! That's what I did

FM

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Dealer posted that the 800s were going to be discontinued? Hows everyone feel about that? Odd since the Xcal was designed and still is for diving. They apparently will still do repairs while supplies last. Not that it matters we cant just buy the 8" anyway. BUT..... with the Sov being discontinued who knows how long those or aftermarket supplies will last for BBS, which appears to have been phased out. Personally i still like BBS over FBS in the water. So i guess the moded one i have thanks to Joe i might have to keep in the closet.

Dew
Well to me the BBS was better on land & in water than the FBS....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI.....Repairs on excal 800 will be done for years to come, there are also new coils being developed and tested right now for the excals/sovereigns....

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one TH....... i believe in the past 10 years or so headphones and coils have made about the only progress depth wise. Im not certain this is a big issue since we couldnt get our hands on the 10" or 8" Xcals coils anyway without sending it to ML or buying two machines. Frog..... same thing i did. I used an 8" and a 10" Sov coil for two of my Xcals. I hope you are right TH...... because the Sov is still one outstanding machine on the beach and to be honest picking them up used over new now makes them one heck of a deal. If they keep the coils coming they will be around for a long time. I still think its time for them to into a new Xcal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread